Chapter 3: Not So Happy Birthday

It was the fourth day of the tenth month of the year. It was my sixteenth birthday, and I had everything planned. Peter and I were eating dinner together in the Room of Requirement, and then I would reveal the bed that was in there as well, and I would finally loose my virginity. About time too. I’d felt so behind ever since Roxy lost hers a year ago, and she kept talking about all this stuff I didn’t know anything about. I wasn’t going to be left out anymore.

Peter had no clue where we were going or what we were doing, he just knew to dress up. A pair of place slacks and a button down shirt in the same blue color as his eyes. He smiled lovingly at me when I walked down the stairs from my dorm to the common room. I  had curled my red hair for the night, and I had on a blue halter top and a white skirt in two layers, one short layer made satin and a long see-through skirt with a slit going all the way up to my thigh over the short one.

“You look beautiful,” he said, giving me a deep kiss, “and happy birthday again.”

“Thank you,” I blushed slightly. I brought him to the R-room and we entered. I had wished for a perfect space for a romantic date, and I sure got what I wished for. Dim lighting, romantic music, and a table for two, with the food already there. Peter pulled out the chair for me, and then sat down across the table. A candle flickered on the table in between us.

“Congratulations on one year, sweetheart.” Peter said after a while, raising his wineglass. I mimicked his actions and our glasses clinked.

“One good year.” I took a sip of the wine, wanting to drink it slowly. I was on my third glass already.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” I hesitated. I was so nervous. Roxy had told me it was a good idea to drink a little bit before sleeping with Peter. It would take the edge of. Liquid courage, she called it. And I was beginning to think she was right. “I want to give you a gift,”

“No, it’s your birthday, I’m supposed to give you a gift!” 

“This is as much a gift to me as it is to you.” I said, my voice shaking as I pulled out the pack of condoms I had brought with me in my purse. I took a deep breath and handed it to him.

“You don’t have to do this, love.” Peter said, but I could tell his heart wasn’t in it. He wanted it badly, but he would never pressure me into doing anything, I didn’t want to do.

“But I want to,” I said slowly as I got out of my seat, moved to his and sat down on his lap, with one leg on each side of his, facing him. “I love you, Peter. I want to…” I whispered before pulling his face to mine in a deep kiss. Without pulling away from our kiss, Peter stood up, holding me up by my thighs, and moved to the bed that had appeared near us. That was the thing about the Room of Requirements, things suddenly just showed up sometimes.

Peter laid me down on the bed before breaking the kiss, and pulling off his shirt. Unsure of what to do I just popped myself up on my elbows and looked at his as he removed his pants as well, leaving him in only his underwear. He then proceeded with pulling down my skirt as I slowly removed my top. As weird as it was, this was the first time Peter had seen me in my underwear, and I felt so exposed and naked. We both moved under the blankets as our underwear was removed. And after some foreplay, Peter grabbed one of the condoms.

“Are you sure about this?” he whispered breathlessly, and it made me so happy that he was willing to stop now if I said so, but I didn’t. I just pulled his face to mine and murmured a “yes” against his lips.

I didn’t really feel different afterwards. Not like I thought I would. I did feel a lot closer to Peter though, and that made me happy, even though the act itself had hurt like hell. Peter had been so careful and sweet during the whole thing, and I was so glad we had waited. We got dressed after a little while and then we made our way to the Ravenclaw tower together.