CHAPTER TWO

Guess who's back?

  Winter was Taehyung’s favorite season.

Winter meant Christmas and he loved Christmas.

Sure he never gets what he wanted but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t enjoy seeing his ‘family’ try and show the world how amazing they are. How loving. How accepting they are and fail miserably.

A joke.

Taehyung thought as he stared out of his window. The snow fell down softly.
So free. He wished he could be like that again.
He remembered a time when he used to catch snowflakes with his tongue with his mother in the park.

Skimming the ice on cheap rental skates.

Back then life was worth living.

But now…just hold on a little longer.
Just one more year and it’ll be fine again…

He thought ,looking at his ceiling were he had pasted all his Polaroids. It had taken forever to put them up but now looking at them makes him happy.

When he came here 7 years ago it didn’t seem like a place he could call home.

It still isn’t .

Your going to have your very own room Taehyung. Isn’t that exciting?

His stepmother had asked him back then. Taehyung didn’t respond . He didn’t find it very exciting.

But now this place was his only Haven in this house. The only place that he can call his.
So when Taehyung gets sent to his room for disobeying and order or talking back, he didn’t mind.

Because inside these four walls he was alone.

Away from them.

And in a year he’ll never have to look at them again.

So hold on a little longer.

A voice inside his head resonated.
Taehyung laughed softly.

He had already let go this day seven years ago.

Bang.

There was someone at his door.

Sighing he got up and looked in the mirror to find tall light brown haired boy with high cheekbones and lazy eyes stare back at him.

Bang.

Irritated he got up and opened the door, knowing who’s on the other side.

Click. The door opened .

“Are you planning on coming down or are you going to stay in there for the rest of the year like an hibernating bear? Not that I would mind but mom’s getting impatient.”

Jeongguk,his stepbrother drawled leaning against the door frame.

This was their usual routine.

“Coming” Taehyung smiled. He knows how much Jeongguk hates his smile.

As he predicted Jeongguk rolled his eyes and turned around to leave.

Taehyung waited a moment before following him downstairs.

And another day begins.

Taehyung sighed. He wanted to go back to sleep.

But beggars can't be choosers.