CHAPTER NINE

Hey there! I haven't updated in a while ...forgive me. I kinda forgot that a week had past..heh.sooo this is going to be a long one as a sign of forgiveness. Also cuz I'm nice .so enjoy! Remember to vote and comment😉

After dinner Yoongi did the dishes . Hoseok had gone to the convenience store up the street after realizing that there was no dessert. Yoongi smiled to himself. Hoseok had always had an insufferable sweet tooth.
He squeezed the sponge letting the white foam of the dish wash swirl slowly in the sink.

Yoongi watched the soap as if in a trance.
What Hoseok talked about earlier made him remember that very day his friend was so hung up on...

                   ..............................

It was snowing rather hard that day.  The wind had picked up and  snowflakes fell on to the ground heavily.
Like small stones.
They were in Jin's apartment that day. But the owner of the apartment wasn’t there. They had come here in hopes of getting a warm meal. Why go out when you have the world’s best cook next door?
Yoongi found this logic reasonable .

The fireplace was lit and he was about to fall asleep in the cozy sofa when the door opened suddenly letting in the freezing winter air much to everyone’s annoyance.
They all turned to look at the culprit. Sure enough it was Jin. The oldest among them and , according to him the most handsome. (His exact words were; 'worldwide handsome’)

“ A-ha! I knew you guys would be here. This is perfect.”
Jin smiled at them while taking off his gloves.
“What do you mean hyung? We just came here for-” “-food. I know. Like you always do.” Jin smirked cutting off Namjoon mid sentence .

“But tonight you’re not getting any until you all help me out.” He said looking at the confused faces of his four friends. There was a moment of silence.
Jin sighed . “Oh well, I guess I’ll be eating that lasagna I made earlier alone then…”. He said shaking his head dramatically as he walked towards the door.
“Hyung, wait-” started Yoongi.

Jin's lasagna was pure art.

“It’s OK guys, I understand know that you won’t even help your hyung though he asked very nicely. Well looks like I have no friends.” Jin sighed. When he reached the door he glanced back at his friends.

“I added extra cheese too…”

“ Oh my god, OK hyung, you win . We’ll help you. Happy?” Hoseok said exasperatedly, throwing his hands up in defeat.
Jin beamed and clapped his hands together. “ Great! I  knew you’d come around.” He patted Namjoon’s head. Namjoon blushed. Yoongi rolled his eyes.

The two have been dancing in circles around each other for almost 3 years. He glanced at Namjoon who was looking at Jin who was talking with Hoseok  with obvious adoration.

Yoongi sighed and bent his head so that his bangs covered his eyes completely.
They both were so obvious and oblivious that sometimes he really wanted to go up to his to friends and smash their faces together just to make something happen.
But no, he supposed that they’ll eventually realize what they really mean to one another. Friends or something more…

He just hoped that that day would arrive soon.

The tension was starting to get quite irritating.

“Hey, is Donghyuk here too?” Jin asked after a while. A second later a figure appeared from the kitchen with a plate in hand. He spotted Jin and smiled. “Ah, hi hyung! We were waiting for you but I got too hungry so I went and scavenged around till I found this, it’s so good hyung how did you make this?”.
Donghyuk asked smiling, taking a bite of lasagna .

There was a short silence.

Everyone looked at Donghyuk, not really knowing what to say.
Jin stared at the plate in horror and Hoseok started laughing which made everyone laugh as well.

Donghyuk cocked his head to the side his brows knitting together in confusion. “What...?” he asked looking at Hoseok . “ Ah, it’s a long story I’ll explain on the way.” Hoseok said smiling .

“ On the way to where?”

“ Oh right you weren’t there for that, well Jin hyung made a deal with us. So impeded to get dinner we have to help him in is usual winter expedition.”

Donghyuk blinked. A second later the meaning of the sentence struck him. He groaned. “Aw, come on hyung it’s too cold today.”
Jin tutted and whacked Donghyuk's head with his scarf causing the boy to yelp in indignation. Yoongi laughed at the sound. Jin may look pretty but he can punch harder than most guys he knew.

“That’s exactly why we’re going today you moron.” Jin replied helping Namjoon redo his scarf which Namjoon had managed to almost strangle himself with.

“But hyung...”

“No buts you come help me or you starve tonight. Your choice really.”
Jin said smiling innocently.
Hoseok kissed the pouting boy on the cheek at patted his head.

“Come on Donghyuk. Time to go help the needy.”

Donghyuk looked mournfully at the lasagna on his plate. He took one final bite and swallowed. He looked at Hoseok.

“ I’m going because this tastes too good to miss OK? Not because I want to...” he mumbled as they finally left the flat.

Hoseok raised his eyebrow. “ 'course you are...wouldn’t think otherwise...”

“Shut up.”

“Donghyuk the Big ,Scary Dude. Who doesn’t care about anything other than monster trucks and food. You wouldn’t catch him working at the local soup kitchen. No sir. I’m sure you mistook someone else for him....”

“ I don’t even like monster trucks.”

“ ....He will stop at nothing to get his meal. Yes. This is Donghyuk the Big, Scary Dude . He burns animal shelters for fun.”

“you’re blowing this way out of proportion.”

“ Dong-” within an instant Hoseok was pushed into the snow. After a hectic and clumsy snowball fight they got up. Donghyuk glanced at Hoseok . Their cheeks were rosy and his jacket was wet with melted snow. They started walking again and Hoseok continued on his monologue.

When they finally reached the soup kitchen the snow was falling heavier than before.

They opened the door and stepped into a comforting heat.

Hoseok grinned. “We’re finally here!” He looked at Donghyuk.

“Let’s go claim that lasagna, shall we?”. He hopped inside the building leaving Donghyuk to walk after him rolling his eyes.

“ You’re never going to let that go are you?”

“Hey, you said it, not me.”

“Jerk.”

“But you love me.”

“That I do.”

Hey hey hey! Would ya look at that !  A slightly long chapter! There's one is going to continue the backstory cause it's too long for a single chapter... well then I have important matters to attend to (read:watch ballroom e youkoso) so yes. Hope you liked it ! Bye!