53

Wes:

"I want to spend the rest of my life with her." I smiled talking to the guys.
"Bro are you sure about this? You just got her back." Tyler said.
"I'm totally sure. She's the one that I've been waiting for and she's the one that I'm truly in love with." I smiled.
"You guys are so young though." Wis said.
"Just because we're young doesn't mean it isnt possible"
"I say go for it." Sam nodded.
"I'm gonna do it. Thanks guys." I said getting up. Now it was just her father. I arrived at the front door ringing the doorbell. Mrs. Matthews answered.
"Wes, great to see you as always." She smiled.
"Hi Mrs. Matthews is Mr. Matthews around, I just want to talk to him really quick." I said stuffing my hands into my pockets.
"Yes he is, he's just in the back, come on in." She stepped aside and allowed me in and led me through the house to the slider door to the backyard.
"Chris, Wes is here." Mrs.Matthews said opening the door.
"Wes, how you doing son?" He asked shaking my hand.
"Doing very well, sir. If it's possible I would just like to talk to you really quick."
"Of course, sit down." We sat down on the lawn chairs as Mr. Matthews looked at me.
"What's been on your mind Wes?" He asked.
"Sir, I love your daughter so much that it actually hurts not to be around her. I've hurt her so many times and I wish I didn't. I never thought I was going to find someone who loved me for me and that was her. I always thought I was going to meet the love of my life at some random place like a coffee shop or a store. I met her at one of my events and I couldn't get her out of my head. With her it was love at first sight. Ashton is different from all the rest of the girls that came into my life. She didn't see me as social media star Wes Tucker. She saw me as just a regular guy who loves music. The last time I broke her heart I was a mess. Seeing her with another guy was painful, and I thought I was just going to get over it. But it hurt even more. And that's when I realized. I'm absolutely truly madly and deeply in love with her. So came here to ask you for your blessing to ask Ashton to marry me." I said making eye contact with him. His eyes were glossy with water with tears threatening to spill. Mr. Matthews stood up, as did I. He held his hand out.
"I couldn't imagine another young man for my daughter. You have my blessing Wes." He smiled with the tears spilling. Instead of taking his hand, I hugged him. My future father in law.
"You guys are young, you're going to have bumps in the road. But I truly believe you have and will treat my one and only daughter the best." He smiled.
"Thank you sir"
"Please, call me Chris. Soon you can call me dad." He laughed.

I hope she says yes.