54

Ash: Today Wesley and I are going to the city to see Miss Saigon

Ash:
Today Wesley and I are going to the city to see Miss Saigon. My family friend is in the show, and I'm so excited to see him up on a Broadway stage. We parked on the other side of the river and took a ferry over to the city. Wes was wearing tan pants and a light blue button up shirt. We walked all the way to Hell's Kitchen and we ate at one of my favorite restaurants in the city. When it hit 7 pm, we headed towards the Broadway Theatre to see the show. Wes and I bought some merchandise and made our way to our seats down in the orchestra. Wes and I walked with his hand placed at the small of my back. He guided us to our seats and we sat down with our hands laced together.
"You excited?" Wes asked smiling.
"Very. Thank you so much for today. We haven't been to the city since I was in Hamilton." I said laying my head on his shoulder.
"Oh look at that young couple so adorable." I heard a woman say behind us. Wes and I both smiled at the compliment.
"Mom! I think that's Ashton Matthews, we saw her when she was in Hamilton!" A teenager said from the side of us.
"It seems like people are noticing you." Wes whispered to me chuckling.
"The life of theatre of Broadway, on these streets you're somebody." I winked laughing. The lights went down as the show started and the music started to play.

******
I cried through the whole entire second act of the show. Such a powerful show. My friend Devin ran through the stage door and met me and Wesley at the front of the theatre. Devin asked one of his fellow cast members to take a picture of the three of us and then handed the phone off to another person as most of the cast joined in on another photo. We said our goodbyes and Wes took my hand leading me to Times Square.

We stood in the center, I looked around at all the tall buildings around me.
"Ashton?" I looked over and met Wesleys eyes.
"There is no way I can explain how much I love you. There are no words to explain it. We've hand our ups and we've definitely had our downs, but through it all, it showed me how much I'm in love you. I love it when you concentrate on something so small, get pissed off at me when I annoy, and absolutely seeing that I caused a smile upon your face. This is the city where we lived together, and where we learned more about each other, and what we wanted in our future. There is something I know I want in my future, and that something is you. So," Wes pulls something out of his pocket and gets down on one knee.

"Ashton Jae Matthews, will you marry me?"