♤3

The halls looked like that of an apocalypse movie. Hardly anyone showed up for the first day of school, and those who had looked like the reborn dead. Most of the jocks used the death of their friend as an excuse to stay home and get wasted, the preps and cheerleaders were all crying, acting as if they had known Wiley personally. The rest walked the halls, no longer cowering in fear of being bullied, but now they cowered in fear of their lives, hoping they wouldn't be the next victim.

The young girl stood infront of her locker, staring at the picture he had given her. She felt a little flutter in her stomach and put a hand over the baby.

"Can you just calm down, please," she whispered to her unborn child. She sighed softly and slipped the picture of her and Wiley into her pocket before closing her locker, and waddling to class.

"Need a hand?" Someone asked from behind her. She turned and saw Jonathan, a young football legend who was nothing like any of the other jocks. He smiled and took her bag for her, silently walking with her to her class. Everyone thought he was the father of Jillian Coleridge's baby, but they would have assumed that anyone was the father if they even spoke to her.

Carson Daley sat in the back of the physics classroom, staring intently at his best friend who sat right infront of him.

"Cars, you're burning a hole in the back of my head with your laser eyes," Allison mocked.

"I just want to know if you're okay," he said thoughtfully. "We found a dead body..."

"Yes, but I'm fine. Besides. I'm not the one who threw up." She turned and looked at him with a smirk on her face.

"That's low," he said as his cheeks flushed. Allison laughed lightly and turned back around as the bell rang loudly. The teacher sighed and stepped up to the board, examining the five students who had shown up. The door opened and everyone turned to see Kyle walking in with his cool stride.

"Nice of you to join us, Mr. Jackson," Mrs. Nichols said as she began writing on the board. Kyle walked over and sat in the seat next to Allison, glancing at her from the side. "Well class, I was going to put you in five groups of five for todays lab, but clearly getting an education was an inconvenience for too many today." Everyone just glanced around at eachother. "You'll all work together on this one, gather at the first lab desk, please. They all sighed and gathered their things, sitting at the back desk.

Mrs. Nichols started writing instructions on the board as everyone stared at Allison.

"So," Kyle said quietly. "You found the body?"

"Yep," she said simply.

"I did too," Carson said. No one even glanced at him.

"Was it really gory? Everyone is saying it was a murder, was it?" Michael, a young boy with vibrant purple hair and all black clothing asked.

"Probably."

"Probably?" Luke, Michael's nerdy boyfriend, asked. "What do you mean probably?"

"The police are trying to keep things on the down low right now. It's called respect."

"More like it's called being clueless," Vanessa, the school's bitch, commented. "Your daddy," she said in a fake Southern accent, "won't solve anything. He's a disgrace to law inforcement. You'll see. Soon the FBI will show up, led by my father, and your precious little daddy and you will be out on the streets."

"At least her dad is around," Carson said suddenly.

"Excuse me?" Vanessa shot, her eyes burning with a silent fury.

"You're dad is too busy off in New York being a big shot FBI agent to care whether or not you're even breathing, so you have no right to tell Allison her father is shitty." Everyone stared silently between them for a moment, waiting for her to lunge over the table and attack. Instead, she stood up and ran out of the room, sobbing.