The groom's best man

A/N: Gonna use Leslie and Ben for Parks and Rec for the couple 'cause they're goals tbh. Just imagine they're younger in this.

You were standing next to your best friend Leslie as you helped her prepare a few things for her wedding that will take place tomorrow. You looked across the room to see Ben, the groom, greeting a man who just got here. You squinted your eyes at him. Your jaw dropped as you realized who it was. You tapped your friend's arm until she turned to you.

"What?"

"Is that, Patrick Stump?" You whispered shout.

She turned in the direction you were pointing at, "Oh yeah, he's Ben's best man."

"But, how?" You exclaimed, your eyes narrowed.

"They were in high school together." She replied as she fixed the decoration on a table.

"Why did you never tell me?"

She shrugged her shoulder, "I don't know. And, you like him or what?"

"I mean, I enjoy his music. But he's a pretty famous guy. You got a celebrity to come to your wedding. That's crazy." You explained.

"It kind of is, yeah," She replied and you just rolled your eyes, "You should talk to him a little. He's a really great guy. I'm sure you'd like him."

You shrugged, "Maybe," You glanced over at him again and he was looking at you. He quickly looked back at Ben when you noticed. You couldn't help but blush a little.

"You should look around for where you'll be seating," Leslie said and you nodded, leaving her side.

*During that time: Ben and Patrick's conversation*

"How's my best man doing?" Ben said as he hugged Patrick.

"I'm great," Patrick replied, "And you? Ready for tomorrow?"

Ben sighed, nodding his head, "Yeah, so ready."

"I'm so happy for you guys," Patrick smiled. He quickly looked around and his eyes landed on you, "Wow," He said under his breath.

"What?" Ben said as he turned to Patrick, a slightly confused look on his face.

"Who's that girl talking to Leslie?" Patrick asked, not looking away from you.

Ben looked at you then back at Patrick, "Oh Y/N? She's Leslie's maid of honor."

"Really? How come I've never seen her before?" The dirty blonde asked, confused.

"Well, you're touring most of the time and she often has to leave town for her job. Guess that's the reason," Ben explained as he watched Patrick nodding, still staring at you, "You like her?"

Patrick quickly turned his face to his friend, "Uh, yeah, I mean, she's cute," He replied as he glanced at you at the same time you looked at him. He quickly turned to Ben again, blushing slightly.

Ben smirked and placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sure you'd like her. Now look around for your seat."

Patrick nodded and left his side.

Ben walked to his fiancée, "Oh my God, I was right," He whispered to her, "He likes her."

"Oh yes," Leslie squealed, "I think Y/N likes him too." She said in a more hushed tone, "They're gonna make such a cute couple," She said as they both turned to you guys who were standing next to each other in front of a table.

"I know," Ben whispered to her.

*During that time: Patrick and you*

You walked around the room, looking for your seat until you saw your name written on a little piece of paper. You stopped in front of the chair and looked around to see Patrick doing the same as you did just a few seconds ago. You looked at the paper next to yours and his name was written on it, "Oh great," you thought.

He stepped closer and stopped next to you, "Looks like that's where I'm seating," e said glancing at you.

You could see he was nervous, and you were too.

He turned to you, smiling, "Y/N, right?" You nodded in response, "I'm Patrick."

"I know, actually. I know your band. You guys are really good." You said, just looking at him from the corner of your eyes as you rested your hands on the back of the chair.

He blushed and looked down, "Well, thank you."

*Time skip to the reception, the next day*

You pretty much spent all day (and the day before) with Patrick. You got to know him a little better and, just like Leslie said, he was a really great guy, and he was really cute.

The reception was nearing its end. People were dancing around but you stayed with Patrick all night and talked to him.

A slow song came on and most people left the dance floor for the couples.

Ben stood up, holding his wife's hand and walked to Patrick, he pulled him closer and whispered something in his ear, "Ask her to dance," He looked him in the eyes, and the dirty blonde just blushed. Ben nodded toward you, making you blush as well, and left to dance with Leslie.

Patrick turned to you, playing with his fingers, "Uh, do you want to dance?"

You nodded and took his hand. You two stood up and walked, hand in hand, to the dance floor. He placed his hands on your waist as you put yours around his neck.

After a moment, he finally spoke up, "Ben wasn't lying when he said I'd like you."

You blushed a little, "And Leslie wasn't lying when she said I'd like you."

He looked down, blushing as well, "It's weird to me when girls like me. I mean, I'm the short, fat guy."

You smile and moved your hand to his cheek. He lifted his head up, "You're not fat, you're chubby."

"It's the same thing," He rolled his eyes.

"Chubby's cuter."

He chuckled and held you closer.

You stroke his sideburns and said with a smile, "I like your sideburns."

"I like your smile," He confessed as he looked at your lips.

"You have a beautiful smile too," You said as you did the same.

He leaned closer so your noses were touching, "And you have really pretty lips."

"Just like you," You whispered so only him could hear it.

"Can I?" He asked as he quickly looked you in the eyes before looking at your lips again.

You nodded and he slowly leaned closer to press his lips against yours.