Sisters and Babies

You and your husband had been planning a play date for your son and Bella for a long time now. And when the day finally arrived, of course you had to wake up late. After having to rush out of the house you, your husband, and your baby arrived at the house for the play date.... even though your babies were only months old.

    "Baby sister. Ohhh let me see my nephew." Cookie came rushing to greet you out front.

   "Hey" you said in greeting giving your sister a hug.
"Wooooow. Why your baby so light??" Cookie asked, taking your son out of the car seat you had been carrying.

    "Well he's mixed. There's nothing wrong with him." You said feeling as if she were trying to insult him.

    "Well ok. Hurry up we already got Bella ready." She said hurrying in the house.

           During your son and Bella's play date Cookie asked you and your husband many questions about your relationship. Some were pretty invasive but hey that was just Cookie, and you didn't take any offense by it. You had lived a long way away from where Cookie lived so she just had to ask,
        "When you gonna move back down here so I can see my nephew more"

        "Maybe soon. We'll see." you said looking at your husband for confirmation as he nodded.

       "Well hurry up. How you expect to have more of these play dates if your so far away. No wonder you're always late to thanksgiving." Cookie said playfully nudging you as you laughed.

    "Ok ok" you laughed

      The three of you spent the rest of the play date catching up, well the two of you because you and Cookie never stopped rambling long enough for your husband to get a word in.