Chapter Eight

About Six Weeks Later...

     "Hey, Frank!" Harry and Zayn led the rest of the guys into the lobby. Harry was practically jumping with joy. "Can we go see Sky and Nina?"

     "I'm afraid not, boys." Frank said, his face sad.

     "Why?" Liam said.

     "The girls finished college two weeks ago and moved out last Thursday." Frank answered.

     "Where are they now?" Harry asked frantically.

     "I don't know. I was away for family business when they left. They didn't tell anyone anything." Frank sighed sadly and glanced down at the computer. "I'm sorry, boys. I'm going to have to ask you to leave." One Direction reluctantly left the lobby. Harry and Zayn both took out their phones and called their girlfriends. They both recieved voicemails.

     "Skylar, where are you?!" Harry yelled into the phone. His voice cracked at the end. "Please call me!"

     "Nina, where are you and Sky, Baby?" Zayn said into his phone. "Call me when you get this!"

     "They'll call back, boys." Liam said to them. "Don't worry. Let's get ready for the concert tonight." Then they started walking down the street.

     "Nina, this is killing me!" I said. She nodded, her eyes filled with worry. "They're so worried! Maybe we shouldn't do this..."

     "No!" Nina jumped up and pushed me back down on the couch. "We're doing this! It's too late to back down now!" I reluctantly nodded and rested my head back. There was a knock on the door, and a head popped in when Nina shouted, "Come in!"

     Simon Cowell stepped in the room and closed the door behind him, since One Direction was supposed to be in the building soon. He smiled down at us.

     "Ready, ladies?" he asked. I nodded.

     "I want to see him so badly!" I said, using all my strength to not rip open the door and run down the halls shouting for my boyfriend. Simon and Nina knew I was talking about Harry. Nina nodded in agreement.

     "Just remember how happy they'll be to see you." Simon enchouraged. I breathed in deeply and nodded. Nina did the same. "Well, it's time for your make up." Nina and I got up. "I'll make sure the guys aren't there." Simon peeked his head out the door and looked around. "It's fine." He opened the door and motioned us out. We walked down the long halls to another room. Just before the door closed I heard a few familiar voices say from around the corner.

     "It's OK, Harry." I recognized Louis said. "We'll find her."

     "I'm so worried, Lou." Harry said. My heart did a little flip in my chest. It could just barely keep myself from running out the door and jumping into his arms. The door closed as they walked past the room. "What if she's hurt?" was the last I heard him say. I felt so guilty for making him worry about me. I was gently pushed into a chair as someone started putting make up on my face. I felt Nina reasurringly hold my hand as the clock ticked closer to the final phase of our plan.

     The suspense was killing me.

     About three hours later, Nina and I were waiting offstage as we watched our boyfriends sing on stage. I could tell Harry was worried. He kept his face emotionless for the crowd and didn't smile the entire time.

     "You're up soon, ladies." Simon told us. "You know your que?" Nina and I nodded. Someone handed us both microphones. Simon led Nina to the other side of the stage, like planned. One Direction finished their song and there was a pause for applause, then the next song started up.

     "The light shines. It's getting hot on my shoulders." Liam sang. "I don't mind. this time it doesn't matter. Cause your friends, they look good, but you look better. Don't you know all night, I've been waiting for a girl like you to come around, round, round." That was my que. I stepped onto the stage and walked a little farther on. I started singing with Harry.

     "Under the lights tonight." Harry turned and looked at me when he heard my voice. I smiled at him and continued singing. He joined me. "You turned around. And you stole my heart, with just one look. When I saw your face, I fell in love. It took a minute, girl, to steal my heart tonight. With just one look, yeah. I waited for a girl like you." When his solo finished, he ran to me and hugged me. I clung to his neck as we stayed like that for a little while. The other guys came over and hugged me in greeting as Liam continued his solo. Liam hugged me when Harry started the chorus. I noticed Nina had started to come on stage when the chorus ended and it was Zayn's part. Zayn had caught up on our plan and saw her immediately. He ran over to her, picked her up, and spun her around. We continued sing the song, including Nina and me at the chorus parts. When the song ended the concert was over. Together, we all walked off stage. Nina and I were immediately engulfed in a sweaty hug from the guys of One Direction. When everyone seperated, Harry once again held me tightly to him. I felt some tears escape my eyes as I snuggled my face into his neck.

     "I missed you." I mumbled to him. He didn't answer. He simply leaned down and kissed me.

     "I love you, Skylar Wood." he said. I smiled.

     "I love you too, Harry Styles." I said.

     Later on we were all crowded backstage. We were lounging on the couches, me on Harry's lap and Nina on Zayn's.

     They were pelting us with questions.

     "Why did Frank say you guys moved out?" Niall asked.

     "We told him to." I answered. "We figured you guys would have beaten Frank into letting you guys into our apartment unless you knew we weren't there."

     "True." Zayn muttered. "How long have you been planning this?"

     "I thought of it a couple days after you guys left." Nina said. I could tell she was proud of herself.

     "But what happened to your stage fright?" Harry asked me. I sighed.

     "Gone." I glanced over at my bestfriend who was grinning. "Thanks to Nina." We smiled at eachother til she ruined it by throwing her arms in the air and saying, "My sisstaaahh!" In a really weird voice.Then she threw her arms around my neck and hugged me. The guys and I laughed. I noticed that Harry had his hands in the air in a surrendering position. Well, it must have been weird to have two girls hug on his lap, one of them being his girlfriend. Nina crawled back over to Zayn on the couch. We stayed like that for a little bit, talking about what the guys had experienced when they left. Then, someone knocked on the door. "Come in!" Nina shouted. the door opened and in stepped Simon Cowell.

     "Hello, boys." Simon greeted One Direction. They all replied with hi's and a nice smile. "Great job." The guys said thank you's. "You did amazing, girls." Nina and I smiled widely.

     "Thanks." we said in unison.

     "I think you two should audition for the new season of The X Factor. I think you could win." Simon grinned and left the room. Nina's mouth was like a fish and my eyes were the size of baseballs.

     "This is great!" Harry practically shouted in my ear. Nina and I burst into smiles and hugged the guys. They were congradulating us. The hardest judge on The X Factor just complimented us and suggested we audition for a singing competition...

     Wow