Chapter Ten: The End

About Two Years Later...

     It had been months since Nina and I had last seen One Direction. It was hard for us to be away from our boyfriends for so long, but it was for good reasons that we were away from them for so long.

     Nina and I had auditioned for the X Factor. Turns out, Simon was right. We one first place on the X Factor. We decided our two girl band was to be called City Girls. America loved Nina and my voices together. With her being an alto and me being a soprano, our voices fit perfectly. We won the recording contract with Sony when we won the X Factor, and we got to do a tour.

     Anyway, it was November. One Direction was in the UK for their tour. It was Nina and mine's fifth concert into our X Factor tour. We had quickly gotten used to the whole 'performing' thing. Though I did trip while dancing on our first concert.

     "Here's your mic, Miss Wood." someone said. I didn't need to look up to see who it was. I took the microphone.

     "Steve, how many times to I have to say this? Just call me Sky." I smiled at him. He was a college intern working for Sony. He was shy and polite, but very sweet.

     "Right. Sorry, Skylar." he said. He grinned sheepishly and walked away. I looked over at Nina sitting next to me.

     "You ready?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded. We both put our hands in front of our faces and laced fingers. We both closed our eyes and said a thank you to God for our incredible luck. This had become our before show ritual on the X Factor. I got in my position on my platform. My right knee was resting on the ground, my left one facing the ceiling. I rested my left arm on my left knee and placed the other hand on the ground. Nina was in the same position next to me, except she was on the other side of the stage. I heard the announcer say over the loud crowd waiting for us:

     "And now, the two you've all been waiting for: City Girls!" The crowd cheered even louder than before. The music started and I felt my platform begin lifting up. In just a few moments I could see the bright lights above me and the hundreds of fans screaming for Nina and me. I started my solo for the song.

     "I saw you," The crowd started to sing with me. "standin' there, with your friends. So how you been? I haven't heard much from you, boy."

     "So, baby, tell me," Nina sang. "What you been up to lately? It's not secret, I've got something- something I want to tell you!" Nina and I started to sing the chorus together, when we were both ubruptly picked up bridal style. I ended up shrieking into the microphone as I was twirling around a couple times. When the stage stopped spinning, I looked up at the person holding me.

     I immediately smiled and threw my arms around Harry's neck. As I looked around, I realized the rest of One Direction was on stage, Zayn holding Nina tightly to him in a hug. I started singing from where the music was, waiting for Nina to notice that she was supposed to be singing too. Luckily, she noticed quickly. We continued the rest of the concert with One Direction. They sang a couple songs with us and Harry even kissed me when the last song was done. The rest of One Direction cheered with the crowd as we kissed, but I didn't notice most of the cheering. After the concert we went backstage to Nina and me's dressing room. We were all laughing hysterically and hugging eachother.

     "What are you guys doing here?" I asked, smiling widely.

     "Think of this," Louis said. "as revenge from what you two did two years ago at our concert." We laughed at the memory of when Nina and I had made an unexpected guest apperance at their concert. When we stopped laughing I sighed. Then I randomly broke out in song:

     "Reunited and it feels so good!" We all started laughing again.

     At that moment I realized I was living my dream:

     To be surrounded with the people I love, and to be happy.