Chapter 2 - August 13th

- August 13th, Prof. Tenzin's Bending Class -

Asami let out a sigh.

She hated this class. She wasn't even a bender but had to learn how history works with it. She didn't understand that Korra went here, either, or, is she a bender?

"Korra! Psst! Korra!" Asami whispered to the girl sitting next to her. Korra looked to her. "What is it?" She whispered back. They continued whispering to eachother. "Are you a bender? I don't like them." 

"Oh! Uhh.. n-no!" Korra whispered, her face showing a sign of being nervous and slight red on her cheeks.

Asami lifted a eyebrow but decided to trust her, after all they'd become best friends these past few days. Asami felt safer with her, and felt as if she can trust the carmel-skinned girl.

Professer Tenzin kept saying about how bending was a natural gift and all this stupid stuff. Asami sighed, looking at the clock. It was about a hour till break/lunch time rolled around.

--

Asami let out a sigh of relief as the bell rung. Korra jumped, making Asami laugh. "So, Korra. You're a non-bender?" Asami asked as the two grabbed their stuff and walked out the class door.

"Uhm.. Y-Yeah. My mom a-and dad are both waterbenders though, so it didn't m-make any sense but, whatever. So w-whats the grudge with you and bending?" Korra said, as Asami noticed Korra tighten her grip around her bookbag strap.

"Oh, firebenders killed my mother when I was little. After my dad went to prison cause he worked with this guy named Amon to stop bending. It basically ruined my life.." Asami sighed as Korra's expression tensed.

"That dosen't mean all benders are bad, though.. Think about all the healer waterbenders and police earthbenders who help everyone around!" Korra smiled. Asami questioned why the carmel-skinned girl tried to change her vision on benders but didn't press her. After all, both her parents were benders.

"There were some firebenders and airbenders who saved people, to, Asami. Like Aang and Zuko. Y'know that story, right?" Korra said, happily. Her grip on the bookbag loosened. "Yeah, I know. I just don't trust many and don't really like hanging around them, y'know?" Asami sighed, looking to the ground for a bit.

"Yeah.. That's... understandable. Anyways, wanna go to the café? I'd hate to not eat right now. I'm starrrviingg.." Asami laughed at the girl. "Yeah, sure. Leonn's Café sounds good. I can drive us there, and it's in the school district."

"Yeah, sure. Anywhere. Let's go!"

--

- 1:18 PM, August 13th, Leonn's Cafe -

Asami sat down infront of the carmel-skinned girl. "So, what's you and chocolate, huh?" She asked, making Korra sigh. "This is not the time to adress my human flaws, Asami." She said, making Asami laugh. "You ordered extra chocolate on a fullchocolate cake and mixed in chocolate in your coffee, for goodness sake." She teased.

"Asami Sato, please come get your food!" The cashier woman called. People turned her heads as Asami walked to get it. They all whispered about her being a millionaire and how her family was torn apart and other things. Asami then sat down on the table again. "People. Sometimes it sucks being a celebrity." She sighed, watching Korra wolf down the piece of cake.

"Slow down. You're gonna choke." Asami laughed. Korra coughed because of laughter and took a sip of her chocolately coffee. "You sure you don't want coffee with that chocolate, Korra?" Asami teased, earning a death glare from the powerful girl infront of her. Asami laughed once more.

She started to eat her red velvet cake herself, Korra already finished with her cake and gulping down the rest of her coffee.   "You're gonna be finished before I even finish eating my first bite!" She said, and, ironically, Korra put down the empty coffee cup victoriously. Asami rolled her eyes and continued eating her cake.

--

- 6:34 PM, August 13th, Korra & Asami's Dorm -

Asami watched as Korra flopped onto the couch. Asami sat next to her. "Class sucks.." Korra sighed, sitting up. She looked to Asami.

"Yeah, tell me about it. It's so long and I don't understand why us nonbenders have to go to a bending class. Every other class is fine." Asami said, her pinkie tip alightly touching Korra's hand.

The two girls blushed but neither of them pulled their hands away from eachother. "Yeah, it's uh, pointless for us." Korra said. Suddenly, the black carpet on the floor seemed alot more interesting to the two girls.

"I'm thinking to get a grand piano in here. There's more room in the corner over there.." Asami said, pointing to the empty corner with the hand not touching Korra's. Korra nodded and smiled to her.

"That way, we can have that duet you promised." The carmel-skinned girl said, with a laugh.