[1] Power

"No, Y/N! I've already told you! You will not give any more power to Voltron, I forbid it!" My father told me, holding my shoulders, giving me a stern look.

He was stubborn, but so was I. So I made a plan on the spot. "Fine." I said, faking a defeated face.

"Good, I can't lose you." He said smiling, as he ushered me down the hall. I was to be put in a pod similar to my sister, but I had to be far away so my existence would be kept secret, even once the Galra threat passed.

I chose which pod I went into, unknown to my father, the pod was broken. It would go into the ground like the others, but nothing would happen inside, I would not enter a comatose state. I gave my father a goodbye hug. He thought it was a temporary goodbye, seeing as we would see one another once we woke up, but for me it was likely a last goodbye. Giving more of my power to Voltron had a high chance of killing me, I knew that, but I had to save the ones I love, I was their last chance.

The pod sunk into the ground. I waited a few minutes. I could hear the castle alarm go off, I hope my father made it to his pod in time. I know Allura and Coran are safe, thankfully, I watched them enter their pods before I went down the hallway that held mine.

I placed my hand on the door of my pod, took a deep breath, and sent a shock through. The pod immediately rose out of the ground. I pried the door open and ran out, down the hallway to where my father's pod was, I had to make sure he was ok.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I finally made it there. His pod was above ground, door open, empty. He wasn't there. Where had he gone? I heard more guns being fired, so I ran towards the sound.

I immediately found myself surrounded by Galra. Why are they still in the castle? More importantly, my father was nowhere to be seen. They started closing in on me. I dropped to one knee and closed my eyes. To them, it may have seemed like I was giving in. But, they had no idea of the power I held.

Lions, form Voltron. I give you all my strength and power, take over my soul and mind. I called out in my head.

Bright light filled the room. It was erupting from me. Suddenly Voltron stood behind me. My body dropped to the ground, and blew away in a cloud of particles and dust.

I was surely dead. But why can I still see and hear? Wait. I watched my body blow away. Is my soul a part of Voltron? I have control over it? Cool.

In one sweep I destroyed all the Galra forces in the castle. No one was going to hurt my family.

My father was still nowhere to be seen. I tried, but I couldn't detect him at all. The only Alteans that survived was Allura and Coran. They killed my father. I will destroy them. I will find a way, one day.

But for now, I have to do my job and protect Voltron. I will need the help of future paladins to defeat the Galra Empire.

Lions, disperse. Hide yourselves from the Galra. Await the future paladins, and call to them when they get close. I have a feeling they will need some guidance.

Voltron separated into singular lions once again. They all flew out of the castle to different parts of the universe. All but the black one, which stayed in the castle. I had to watch over my sister. I couldn't leave her, even if she didn't know I existed.

Now... I wait.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N: Short first chapter, just wanted to get the ball rolling! Hope you will all enjoy my story! 

Updates will be as often as possible (daily?) but I started XC tomorrow so it may take a bit to get into a good scheduale. Otherwise, enjoy!

~Hailey