[7] Purple Goo

He led me back to the castle, holding my hand. And by the time we got back it was night. So much for food I guess.

"Are you hungry? I mean you haven't eaten in thousands of years, right?" He asked, scratching the back of his head. I thought this guy was attractive the first time I saw him, but somehow in this moment he is even more attractive than before. Is it because we are starting to talk? I'm not sure, all I know is that I was very hungry.

"Yes, very." I laughed a little.

"Alrighty, well I'm not as good a chef as Hunk, so we will have to make due, I don't want to wake him up." He said as he started rummaging through the cupboards.

He is from Earth, does he know how to cook with the food on this ship? Probably not. I should probably do it. I mean, I did cook a lot for myself since the castle staff didn't know I existence, and therefore did not make me any food. Yea, I'll cook the food. "Here, let me. I'm pretty good at cooking." I said, taking the pan from his hands. Our hands slightly brushed, Keith immediately turned away blushing – maybe he likes me?

I began to prepare some food. I made my favorite snack, it is very similar to Earth's yogurt, so Keith should be somewhat accustomed to it already. I scooped the purple goo into two bowls, and handed Keith his as well as a spoon.

"What is this?" He questioned, poking the goo questionably with his spoon.

"Just eat it, it's good. Trust me." I said before realizing that saying "trust me" may have been the wrong set of words to say. I mean does he trust me yet?

He did not hesitate to take a big spoonful and eat it, which made me happy. Maybe he does trust me after all.

I began eating mine, it was so comforting to be eating my favorite food once again. The last time I had it I was with my sister and father, sitting outside on Altea enjoying the beautiful scenery. I've missed them so much, hopefully Allura and I can make up soon.

Keith suddenly interrupted my thoughts and blurted out "What was your nightmare about?"

Really? He just asked that? I was hoping he would just forget about that. So much for casual conversation.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked, maybe if I deterred him enough he would give up.

"I don't know. It seemed really bad and I just want to make sure you are ok." He replied, looking down at his bowl, playing with what was remaining of his food.

I don't know why, but something within me made me want to tell him. Maybe it had to do with the close bond we both have with Red. Maybe not. Maybe it is just him.

"It uh... it was my father." I said, looking at the table.

"How could it have been bad? From what Allura has said, he seemed to be a good father." He replied.

"Well there was something off about him. Um, he was telling me how I uh, failed. And that I was the reason that Allura, Coran, him, and everyone died. I was the reason for the extinction of the Altean race." I stated. I was starting to tear up, just thinking about what he said made me feel as though I was reliving the dream.

"But Coran and Allura are alive."

"Yes, I know that. But No one else, my father, every other Altean, they are all dead. And it is my fault. I didn't give Voltron power in time." I yelled. I immediately covered my mouth, I didn't mean to snap at him. I've just had so many feelings trapped inside me for the last 10,000 years.

"It isn't your fault, you did not cause the Galra to attack." He said trying to reassure me.

"Yea but-" I was cut off by Keith hugging me.

"Y/N, it is not your fault." He stated.

I looked up to him, and smiled. It wasn't the happiest smile, but right now any smile was better than nothing.

"Why don't you try to get some rest, I will show you to your room." He said.

"Ok." I let him take my hand, and lead me down the corridor with all the other rooms.

We walked into one of the empty ones. I sat on the bed while we walked out, returning with bedding.

"My room is right across the hall, if you need anything." He said.

"Ok, thanks." I waved as he left.

I can't sleep. I can't risk another nightmare. I walked over to the window and sat on the ledge, staring out at the planet the castle was on. It is too dark. I can't see anything. No grass, no rocks – nothing.

I decided to walk around the castle. Eventually, I grew tired and found myself back in the corridor of rooms. The only thing was that I was not standing in front of my door, I was in front of Keith's. I went to knock, but I couldn't. I can't bother him.

I went to turn around back to my room, when I heard the door open. "Y/N? Why are you still awake?" He asked groggily.

"I uh, I don't want to have another nightmare." I said, growing quieter after every word.

"Do you want to sleep in my room? Maybe you won't have a nightmare if you are next to someone. Either way, you need sleep." He said as he moved to the side, motioning for me to come into his room. I walked in and stopped. He shut the door and walked past "aren't you coming?"

"Y-yea." I walked over and lay down on the bed, between Keith and the wall.

"Goodnight, Y/N."

"Night."

I shut my eyes and drifted off to sleep, nightmare-free.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N: So I am going to try to write chapters in advance so I can post when I need them. For example I am writing this on the 21st, but I'm posting it on the 22nd! This will hopefully be  helpful when I really don't have any time.

Also, anyone else super excited for season 3??? I've seen all the trailers and I am hyped!!!

~Hailey