[15] Again

As I was dragged down the halls I didn't fight it. I was limp in their arms, but they didn't care, they didn't even bother to lift me up higher so I wasn't legitimately being dragged. Not like I cared either. I didn't think that being apart from my friends, from my sister, from Keith, would be so draining. But, I can't let myself slip like this; I will get back to them – by any means necessary.

At that moment I was lifted up onto a table, Zarkon was nowhere to be seen. Weird. They really need to chill with all the purple, and a few windows would do wonders for this place. A cloaked person entered the room, she was holding something. She walked up to me, and put down her hood. She's Altean?!

"Lift up your hair." She commanded. I did as she asked; she put some sort of collar around my neck. It was cold, any tighter and it would have seriously restricted my breathing.

"I'm not one for jewelry. Is this necessary?" I questioned.

"Well, I'm not one for people escaping, and this prevents just that. So yes, this is necessary." She stated.

"How does it work?" I asked. If this really is meant to prevent me from escaping, I need to figure out how to get out of it.

"And why would you like to know?" She answered my question with another; a devilish grin lined her face.

"Just curious." I lied.

"Curiosity killed the cat." She said as she turned on her heel and left me alone with the sentries.

They started pulling me off the table, as if to drag me once more. "Get your hands off me, I have legs. I can walk." I said.

They ushered me down another hallway. As much as I was trying to remember the halls, I was finding it quite difficult, they all looked the same ugly purple. Eventually I was brought in front of a door, Zarkon appeared from the opposite end of the hallway. Great. "This is your room. Eventually, when we trust where your loyalty is, you will be able to come and go as you please. But, for now it will be locked." He stated.

I walked into the room. It was dark, there weren't any windows. There was a shabby bed off to the side of the room, upon closer inspection, the pillow was useless, and the blanket was so thin it might as well be air. The mattress creaked as I sat down. On the other side of the room was a pathetic excuse for a table. I looked towards Zarkon, who stood just in the doorway.

"This room is horrid. How do you expect me to fight for you, if I can't get any actual sleep?" I asked.

"You will be moved once we know we can trust you. For now you will stay on the prisoners' floor." He replied, shutting the door, encasing me in the darkness.

Ok. It's all ok. You can do this, Y/N. You can't work for them if you are dead. Right?

Well, them thinking you are dead will suffice.

And with that my plan was rolling into action. In reality, my first choice was to make a break while being transported by the sentries. But too many factors would prevent me from doing that, like the collar.

But would they still go after my friends? They said they would leave them alone because they would have me. Maybe this won't work after all. Oh no, now I'm doubting myself, I don't know what to do.

"You will figure it out." I heard a voice call out, it was Red.

Red! Is Keith ok?

"He is hurting, a lot. Don't worry, I won't let him come after you, not unless you say so." She said, providing me with much needed comfort.

Thanks, Red. I sat on my bed, back against the wall. I was not going to sleep tonight; I needed to make a decision on what I would do to escape.

I could fake my death, but then they would try to take Voltron.

If I actually managed to escape, how long would it take for them to give up on the search for me and try to take Voltron?

If I attempted to take out Zarkon, who would rise and take his place, and even so would am I strong enough to do so?

"Keith, what do I do?" I asked out loud. My face was suddenly wet – I was crying.

They were right. I rush into situations with no thought on the outcomes. I hadn't thought that far ahead. I can't escape – not without putting my friends in danger.

I ended up spending the rest of my night staring at the wall. I had really messed this up. When the door opened, I did not move. My eyes stayed focused on the wall. I knew someone was standing there waiting for me to move. I would not.

"Get up." Someone demanded.

I didn't move.

"Get up!" They shouted, power and force pushed their voice forward.

Again, I didn't move. Bad choice.

My collar started emitting shocks, I fell off the bed in shear pain. My screams filled the room, and likely the entire hall as well. Whoever was controlling it waited a while before stopping the pain.

I was a mess on the floor, crying like a baby. I had never been hurt like that before, even the training I went through was nowhere near as bad as this, not even the pain of dying could match this.

"Get up." The same voice called out.

I wasn't sure that I could, but I tried. I managed to stand up, although my entire body was willing me to stay on the ground. Two sentries grabbed my arms and dragged me down the hall, my feet trailing behind on the ground, unable to move.

They walked me into a big open room, where at the head sat Zarkon on a chair. He looks bored. They pulled me towards him and dropped me down on the ground.

"Seems you had some trouble getting up this morning. Show me you are loyal to the Galra Empire, and we will see to it that you have a room change." He said, trying to persuade me.

I didn't answer him so he talked again. "Show me those powers of yours." He commanded.

If I can't get up, what gives him the bright idea that I could use any power I have? "I can't."

"Ahh, but you can. And you will. Or else." He said darkly.

Here is my chance; I can strike him here and now. He wouldn't expect it. I just hope everyone else will be able to deal with whoever takes the throne next. If I'm lucky, no one will out of fear. Ok. That's the plan.

"Ok. Remove the collar first. I can't use my powers if I am focused on an annoyance such as this." I stated.

With a wave of his hand he signaled the cloaked women to remove it.

Alright, I've got this. Hey, Lions? If this doesn't go in my favor, tell Keith and Allura I love them, and that I am sorry. I stood up, and focused my energy. A sword appeared in my hands, only this time it was a lot bigger than usual. The energy wasn't blue like the other one either, this time it was black. It felt a lot more powerful as well. Without hesitation I leaped forward and went to strike Zarkon.

Well, I tried to at least. I was seconds away from hitting him when everything went numb, causing me to drop to the ground. Everything went black, and then I was standing again. Only...I was looking down at my body on the ground.

And then suddenly I was in space, just floating. The darkness only being illuminated by scarce stars. I was in nothingness.

Alone. Again.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N: So I ran for the first time in a week and it was 4.20 miles ahahaha. I died. It was raining and I was wearing a hoodie because I have to cut weight and it was just no fun. And I have to run tomorrow so I don't die at practice on Wednesday. Oh well. And I started my summer work finally!

Hey! Another chapter! And yay it's longer than I've been doing! I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave a vote and comment so I know if you did. :)

~Hailey