[8] Understanding

When I awoke, I had almost forgotten about last night. Well, at least until I tried to move and found a pair of strong arms wrapped around me. I turned in bed and immediately met a pair of violet eyes.

"Morning, Keith." I said.

"Good morning, Y/N." He replied back.

I wanted to stay in his arms all day, but I had to make up with my sister, that was more important. "Do you mind letting go? I can't move." I laughed awkwardly.

"O-oh, yea! Sorry about that." He said as he let go. I already miss his warmth.

I got out of bed and made my way towards the control panel of the castle ship, where I saw Coran. "Morning, Coran! Do you happen to know where my sister is?" I asked.

"I believe she is in the living room." I began to walk away when he added "Oh, and I talked to her last night after she ran away. I explained why you did what you did, and she understands now."

I smiled and ran up to the man and hugged him. "Thank you Coran, not just for this, but for everything."

"Not a problem Y/N!" He cheerfully said as I ran out of the room, headed towards the living room.

"Allura!" I called out, slightly out of breathe from running.

"Y/N! I'm so sorry! I didn't truly understand the danger behind knowing you existed." She said as we hugged.

"I'm sorry too."

"But..." She pulled away, looking me in the eyes. Her expression was that of concern. "If it was so dangerous then, what changed? Why can I know now?" She asked.

"That is a good question. I guess now I don't care about the danger. I missed out on too much of your life, and I'm the only family you have left, besides Coran of course. I want to be here for you." I replied. If the danger comes back, I will protect them this time. Father is not here to restrict me.

We sat down on the coach, we didn't talk, we just sat. All was right, I had my sister and right now there are no complications.

As if on cue, Coran yelled over the intercom "Paladins! There is a number of Galra ships headed towards the castle, suit up!"

Great. So much for sister time.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N: Not sure when I am going to post this haha, I'm writting this on the 21st! It is kind of short, but I am still writing and this felt like a good place to end this chapter! Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment so I know you guys like my chapters! And thanks to everyone who liked the recent chapters! Have a good rest of day/night!!!

SIDE NOTE: (7/24/2017) Just wanted to give a heads up - if I don't post for a long time it is because my dog passed. He is still alive right now, but he isn't doing so well. I have had him since kindergarten, and I am going to be a junior in high school this year. He has been with me as long as I can remember, so I'm unsure of how hard this will hit me when it eventually does happen. He is losing a lot of weight, but I am still hoping for the best. Just wanted to let you guys know in case I don't post for a while so you don't think I gave up on the story or died or something.

~Hailey