Chase x Kat - Broken Windows

"Sometimes, you gotta just let go. Toxic relationships only hurt in the end. Holding on just makes things worse. Sometimes, you gotta just give up on people...or else you'll pay the price for the pain they caused. And in the end, you're the one crying in the middle of the night." ~kat

------------------------

It hurts.

It all just hurts.

Why?

Why do we trust people with our hearts, only to find our heart broken in the end?

I just sat there, tears streaming down my face, as I looked through the pictures of us.

I found my favorite one, which was us laughing, and running around the state fair.

"Kat! Open the door! ...please..." I heard his voice call out, and heard him break into sobs, as he pounded on the door.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed, as tears began to flow more heavily down my already tear-stained cheeks.

"Babe! I don't know what I was thinking! Please...! You're the only good thing I have in my life..." His voice was cracking, and I didn't know what to do.

He had only brought me pain in the end, yet my heart still yearned for him to come inside, and wrap his arms around me, making me feel safe.

Now, I just felt sad, dark, cold, alone...

I was hurting more than ever...

"No Chase! I cared about you! I loved you! You threw that all away!" I yelled, as I covered my face.

"I'm sorry! Please, just open the door!" I heard him desperately fumble around for the spare key he had to unlock the door, and grabbed my phone.

I ran upstairs, to our bedroom, and grabbed a backpack, which had a water bottle, a few granola bars, a warm hoodie, my phone charger and earbuds, extra clothes, and my wallet.

I took a quick last look at our room, scanning to see if there was anything else I needed.

Without thinking twice, I grabbed the pictures of us, and my favorite stuffed animal.

He had bought in for me when we first started dating.

I heard the key being frantically turned in the lock, and the door open.

I gulped, backed up a bit, and jumped into the window, shattering it. As I fell, I saw his face appear, with tears streaming down.

He looked like his entire world had been shattered.

I gave him a sad smile, then hit the ground, and started running, as fast as I could.

No plans, no ideas, just to get away from the painful life I had before.

The broken relationship.

The one who I loved.

Who never seemed to love me back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched her as she fell.

Her eyes shone in the moonlight, and she gave me a sad smile.

I tried to reach out to her, but she was falling away from me.

Her face was filled with pain, and tears.

Her eyes...

Well...people always say that eyes are the window to the soul...

Her soul seemed like a destroyed house, and well, her eyes...?

They were the broken windows to a once happy relationship.

The relationship that I had destroyed.

The one good thing I had...had slipped from my grasp, and was running away from me.

Away from her pain.

The pain I had caused her.

------------------------

...sad one shot ;-;

yes, the 2 pov's are different, the first is kat's, the second is chase's.

i thought putting "__'s pov" would kinda ruin the serious mood of this book.

:P ill write more trash later.

-kat