eleven. strange frequencies

third person

LUNA, STILES, AND THEO were able to get the kid's body out of the hospital without being detected.  They took him to the Animal Clinic where Scott was waiting for them.  Theo and Stiles hoist the boy's body onto the metal slab in the middle of the room, and they all stare down at him.  Stiles peels back the white sheet they'd covered him with.

"Do you know him?"  Theo asks.  Luna turns her eyes up from the dead boy to Scott, who was staring sadly down at him.

"His name's Josh.  He was a junior," Scott answers before stepping away from the table.  Theo and Stiles share a look, and Luna focuses on her hands.  Stiles covers Josh's body back up with the white sheet.  Scott turns around, shuffling on his feet, and asks the three another question, "Which one did it?  The one with the cane?"

Stiles looks back at Theo, once again, and Luna slightly nods her head when Theo answers with a yes.

"What are we going to do with him?" Stiles asks, turning back to Scott.  "We can't just set the alarm and leave.  That's how Tracy disappeared.  All right, someone's got to stay here with him."

Theo sighs and glances at Luna, "I'll do it."  His eyes meet Stiles before focusing on Scott.  "It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned."

Luna stepped up next to Theo and adds, "Me too.  All I was planning to do was sit around watching Netflix."

"Wait, you have Netflix, but you don't have a phone?"  Scott asks incredulously.

"Well, I needed internet for school and Netflix has all my favorite shows and movies so why not?  I didn't have friends to call before so why would I have a phone?"  Her shoulders shrugged up and down as if it didn't matter to her.  Scott shakes his head before his phone starts to vibrate.  After reading the message, he has a worried expression on his face.

"What is it?" Stiles inquires immediately.

"Another one."  He looks up from his phone.  "Another Chimera."  Everyone looks around at each other before Stiles and Scott make their way to the door.

"Oh!"  Luna steps in front of the two before they pass her.  "Scott, do you remember my theory about controlling my shifts?"  He nods and tilts his head to let her know he's listening.  "Well, I thought if I was using my werewolf side to save a friend I would be able to control it.  Tonight when I was trying to help Josh, Theo, and Stiles against the Dread Doctors, I was so close to shifting before I had, what I think was, part of my hallucination from the book."

"You saw the Dread Doctors in your hallucination?"

"No, but I feel like that's what it was leading up to.  I still haven't read the entire book yet.  If I did, I think I would've seen everything."  Scott places a hand on her shoulder.

"You don't have to finish the book if you don't want to, okay?  I mean it hasn't really helped some of us, if anything it just brought up bad memories.  So, it's your choice."  Luna nods, understanding where he was coming from.

"I just feel like there's more to what happened, and I want to know what it is."  Scott smiles softly at the blue haired girl and continues his way out of the room.  Stiles patted her shoulder with a small smile before following Scott.

After hearing the door close, Luna took a seat next to Theo and rubbed her exposed legs.  Stiles' jacket fell all the way to her knees, leaving the rest of her legs exposed to the cold air drifting in through the room.  Theo notices the goosebumps adorning her skin and grabs her legs and places them in his lap.  His fingers were warm again her as he brushed them down from her knees to her ankles.  Luna leans forward and props her arms on her knees, watching as Theo's eyes follows the movement of his hands.