twenty-six. maid of gévaudan and the beast of beacon hills

Luna

"LUNA!"  I HEAR SOMEONE yell out in the hall.  "Luna!"  I place a hand over my stomach and limp towards the door.  Once I pull it open, the first person I see is Scott and I'm immediately pulled into a hug.  "I heard you scream and then nothing.  I thought-" He skips over what he was about to say and lets go of me to give me a stern look.  "Why didn't you stay with Kira and Lori?"

I stare anywhere other than his eyes and mumble, "I thought I could help."

He smiles, "Of course you did.  Come on."  Scott turns around and frantically marches his way out of the building, only with a limp in his step.  I finally notice Liam who follows after him.

"Scott, wait," Liam calls to him.  Scott's panting and I remember seeing more blood on him than when he left me with Kira and Lori.  "You're hurt."  Scott slams against the door to open it and pauses.  I'm struggling to keep up with them since I'm still slightly dizzy from the fight and the pain in my abdomen hasn't fully left.  "You got to slow down."

"No kidding," I think as I finally catch up.  Liam sighs as Scott starts walking again and glances back at me before following.  I sigh, too, and limp-run to catch up with them as they head to the parking lot.  "Would someone please like to explain to me what's going on?" I ask as we begin to walk behind the cars.

No one answers me as Scott stops at a certain black Toyota.  He glances at Liam and I and starts pushing up against the trunk, grunting to open it.  The first thing we see inside is a pair of grey and white sneakers.  An eyebrow quirks up as I wonder why we were looking for sneakers, but then I remember why we were out here tonight.  To find a bloody shoe.

Scott grabs the shoes and turns it over.  It's completely covered in red and blood clots, leaving no space for the white it had before.  I look to Scott and find he's already staring at us.  He slightly inclines his head as if to say, "Well, we found it."  He slams the trunk back down so maybe it'll lock since he had broken it and suddenly we see Mason standing next to the car.  I slightly jump at the sight since I should've heard him walk up.

Mason shoots all of us a confused look, but settles on the Alpha, "Scott?  What are you doing to my car?"

I lean back as the realization hits me, inhaling a quick breath.

"It's you," Scott states.

Mason shakes his head, "What?"  He looks to his best friend.  "Liam, what's he talking about?"  Liam has a hard time answering him.  "Liam?"

"You're the-" I don't get to finish my sentence as Corey reveals himself from behind Mason.  He grips Mason's shoulders and startles him.

"Corey," Scott reaches toward them, "wait!"  Before we can stop him, Corey turns Mason and himself invisible.  All three of us run for them, but it's too late.  We can't see them.

"Jesus Christ, Corey!  We're trying to help!" I yell into the abyss, not really knowing which direction to be yelling at.  We look around the parking lot, hoping they'll reappear and we can talk some sense into them.  Our luck wasn't having it as we saw nothing and no one.  "He's a real pain in the ass sometimes," I say to no one in particular.

"We've got to find them," Scott declares after a long moment.  He leads us to meet up with everyone else to let them know that Mason is the Beast.  I try my best to keep up, but the pain from where the Beast ripped into me has only gotten worse as I move and I lag behind.  By the time I get to where everyone was, including Braeden, Scott and Liam have already explained the situation.  I wheeze as if I've had asthma since I was five and lean against the side of the school building.