twenty-four. a credible threat

Luna

A WEEK HAS PASSED since the pack has been reunited. Everyone has worked on getting things back to normal, Lydia especially, and back on track to figure out how to deal with La Bête du Gévaudan. However, I wouldn't say the week has been normal for me. After the switch was flipped in my brain, the puberty effects have decreased tremendously. I've felt more stable than I've been in quite a long time, but nobody can tell. I've had to fake being overly emotional to everything so as to keep the pack from figuring out something was different.

A week has also passed since the last time I saw Theo. Mainly because Scott was able to convince me to move in with him until we figure out my evolvement. His mother didn't mind, actually she welcomed me with open arms. I cried. With legitimate tears instead of forced emotional ones. To say living in a house with more than one person in it was refreshing was an understatement. It felt so right to be in a warm home where I was greeted with warm smiles every morning. It just reminded me of how much I was forced to miss: a normal family.

The journals proved to be useless. The very last journal was a detailed description on how it felt to be the first werewolf of their bloodline. They also managed to keep their gender under wraps as if those of us reading centuries later would know who they were. The only thing I can distinctly remember is their affair, and it was safe to say that information wasn't needed.

Tonight was Beacon Hills versus Devenford Prep charity lacrosse game. There had been a huge banner hanging for the occasion, but the night before it was torn apart by the Beast. According to Argent, the Beast was continuously getting smarter since it had tried to set a trap for him, Scott, Stiles, Liam, and the Hellhound. Anyway, it would be the first lacrosse game I've ever attended to in all of my years in high school. I seem to be the only one excited for it, but then again the pack has been to and played a fair share of lacrosse games. Pulling the strap of my bag higher on my shoulder and then pulling my hair out from under my jacket, I catch sight of Mason and Corey hurrying out of the boy's locker room. Quickly, I catch up to the pair and call out their names.

 Quickly, I catch up to the pair and call out their names

"Hey, Luna," Mason greets distractedly over his shoulder. Corey and I share a smile as we follow the dark skinned boy.

"Is there a reason we're walking so fast?" I ask. Mason keeps pace a few feet ahead of us, Corey shrugs his shoulders.

"He said something about the Beast and then took off," Corey tries to make sense of Mason's hurry.

Mason rounds a corner, "It's frequency." Corey and I jog to catch up. "Every time the Beast shows up. Liam and Hayden saw it at the cell transmission towers. The attack downtown happened right near the radio astronomy observatory. Deaton was attacked by the Beast at an army base which has huge radar arrays."

"Still not getting it," Corey states as we near the news vans who are going to be filming tonights game. Having missed most of the conversation, I was with Corey in not understanding what Mason was talking about.