fifteen. lies of omission

third person.

Scott twirls his inhaler in his hand and stares at it before saying to Theo, "My asthma is back."

"I'm not sure how, but it came backJust as bad as it used to beSo now, I keep my inhaler on me all of the timeJust like I used to.

And it's been five daysWe haven't seen any new Chimeras, and we haven't seen the Dread Doctors.  We all go to school, pretending like nothing's happenedBut everyone seems to knowYou just walk down the halls and no one's smilingNo one's laughingYou get the feeling that everyone can sense that something's comingThey just don't know what is, or how bad it's going to be.

Scott recalls walking down the halls at school and watching everyone as they go by.  He notices everyone's not themselves and the entire atmosphere is dark and gloomy.

Every time I feel like I should do something about it, I find myself reaching for my inhalerLike, I'm going to take a hit of it and, and come up with some brilliant solution on how to save everyoneBut I don't know what to doI don't think anyone does.

Then, he realizes he should do something and grabs his inhaler from his pocket.  But he just stares at it and puts it back.

Maybe that's why no one's really talking to each otherSometimes we don't even notice each other.

He watches as Stiles and Malia walk into the school.  Stiles, a few steps in front of her, doesn't seem to notice Malia as he's lost in his own thoughts.  So is Malia.

But I think some of us are okay with thatBecause not talking makes it easier to keep secrets.