christmas stress

Derek Hale Husband X Reader 

You and your family were headed to Scott's Cabin for Christmas. It was about 2 hours away and you were almost there 15 min out. Scott and Allison had bought the cabin shortly after the two had gotten married. Your whole family was excited for Christmas, because who doesn't love Christmas? (Yes even Derek was excited.) Derek and yourself had been blessed with two wonderful boys as children. The only problem was that they have been driving the two of you crazy for the past two days. They were beyond excited to see their friends, and absolutely couldn't wait to try and catch Santa. The only thing you couldn't wait for was when all the kids fall asleep and it's simply adult time. All of the kids were around the same age. All somewhere between 8-14.

Allison, Lydia, and yourself have been planning a surprise for the boys for a long time. After lots of brainstorming and an end result of whole lot of nothing, Lydia suggested that six of you just go out for drinks. Neither Alison or you had a problem with that. The only problem would be Derek. Scott and Stiles would be fine with it but, the big sourwolf doesn't really like loud, social gatherings. (more like social gatherings at all, but as the wife you try to give him some credit, right?) So the three of you could only hope for the best. You had called Melissa, who was now Mrs. Stilinski. That's right, Stiles father and Scott's mother, FINALLY got together and got married. So you rang 'Grandma Stilinski' and asked if her and Noah wouldn't mind watching the kids for a couple hours while the six of you took a break from reality and just let go. She of course couldn't be happier to.

You were currently sitting in the passenger side seat of the car, browsing Barnes & Noble on your phone for any new books you wanted to read. All of a sudden it hit you.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" You practically screamed.

"MOMMY!!!!! YOU SAID A NAUGHTY WORD!!!!" Your youngest boy Kaden said. And so the little jingle went on-

"Mommy said a naughty word, mommy said a naughty word." And on and on and on.

Of course by now Derek had stopped the car, and pulled over to the side of the road.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" He asked panicked. The poor man always came to the worst conclusions. He probably thought you were having a heart attack.

You groaned and covered your face with your hands. How could you forget?

"Baby, what's wrong?" Derek said taking your hands away from your face.

"I forgot the presents." You whisper. But due to the fact about the boys singing in the back Derek couldn't hear a word you said. Right on cue Derek took care of that.

"Callahan, Kaden shut up!" He yelled. They boy's stopped instantly. You could have sworn his eyes burned red for a second. You hated it when he yelled at them. They're children and they were just being children.

"I said that I forgot the presents." You whispered just loud enough that his wolf powers could hear it." And apologize to the boy's Derek, they were just goofing around."