always dread doctors pt. 2

You've always found the moon comforting. As a child, you would stare at her and she mesmerized you. Whenever your gaze fell upon her you felt as if she was sheltering you in her loving arms. So you found that the pale white light became a solace, and in a way, you imagined that that was what it was like to be held by a caring mother, or a devoted father. Not that you would know. It became something that you would do when your parents were arguing. The home that you came from was not a pleasant one. 

So while you sit in the car of the man you love, who very well might hate you, you stare up at the moon above aching to feel her loving embrace. But all that she offers you is her soft guiding light. The Moon Goddess has nothing to give you tonight. Nothing that you want anyway. You are alone, you got yourself into this mess, and now you have to get yourself out of it. 

Derek's resentment toward you has neither grown nor shrunk from the time you left your home. While you're pleased that it hasn't grown, you want with all that you have for it would dwindle. But you hurt him. By speaking the words, you vowed never to speak. 

As you stare up at the onyx atmosphere and glistening white grains you start to realize the number of experiences that you miss when you live in the city. As Derek drives over the serpentine roads of the countryside that leads to Deaton's house, you realize how much there is left you need to do with your life and how much you crave to live.

"I want to live out here." You murmur more to yourself than to Derek. However, you want to see how he'll respond or if he'll reply. Low and behold nothing shifts. He's still is as hard as stone. His bone-breaking grip on the steering wheel has yet to loosen. 

Letting out a pained sigh, the cold is consuming any sort of warmth left within your form. Abruptly the muscles within your body begin cramping up. Starting from your toes, the freezing gradually begins to spread farther into your legs. 

"Derek," You say clasping onto his arm, "Somethings wrong with my legs." Your grasp tightens on his clothed forearm as the muscles higher within your legs begin to freeze up. "Make it stop! Derek please!" You yell, and his fingers weave through yours as tears leak from your eyes. 

"You're going to be okay Y/n. You are going to get through this, we're almost to Deatons." He says believing enough in those words for the two of you. All you give back is a weak nod. 

"K-Keep talking, i-it keeps from expand-ding so quickly." You say as your other hand latched onto his. You can feel his emotions shifting as his rage is replaced with concern. Derek tightens his hand around yours. 

"As you know, my father died when I was a child. However, before he died he would take me away every other weekend. It was just the two of us we would do something together. I suppose he felt bad for me, my sisters never left me alone," He says as a small smile grows upon his lips, " but we often went camping. He thought it was important that his children learned how to survive without using their wolf. So we packed up our supplies and hiked through the forest until we found a clearing that we liked. Sometimes we would pass through three or four before we chose one." You loosen your grip on Derek's hand as he speaks. The freezing-burn in your legs starts to lessen as he speaks. He turns the car onto a gravel path leading to Deatons house. 

"That's his house?" You whisper softly, through the trees you see a large cabin looking mansion. The story is quickly forgotten when suddenly the freezing comes back and floods up to your thighs. A pained gasp escapes your lips and Derek's hand clasps back around yours. The pain decreases slightly but it doesn't stop the coldness from rising. The cold rises above your thighs and into your pelvis. A pained cry escapes from you. It was like period cramps only manifested by 100. All you felt was the pain, it was as if nothing else existed. The world began to blur, and you felt yourself being pulled out of the car and immersed into what felt like scalding water. A scream erupts from you while large hands hold your body down in the water. ( a/n: to help you guys picture it, your from the bottom of your neck and down submerged in water) You thrash and claw at whoever is keeping you in the water. Something pricks your arm and your vision begins to clear. You scream for help but the hands stay pressed against your shoulders. Your sight clears and you see Derek standing at the foot of the tub with tears in his eyes.