Chapter 8

The next morning finally came, after Kali feared it never would. She and Gromit had spent all night chasing Wallace down and getting him back home safely, they have had a long tough night. Kali and Gromit were soon waiting at the table while reading the newspaper about the were-rabbit incidents that have been occurring around town. Then they both had their eyes stare up at the hatch door, waiting for Wallace to come down. When finally the service bell rang. 

"Here we go" Kali took a deep breath, while Gromit pulled the lever to open the hatch door. Some chunks of vegetables came down first, then Wallace, landing down straight into his seat. Surprisingly Wallace still had his rabbit ears attached, but he didn't seem to notice. 

"Hee Hee, A perfect re-entry Gromit. This veg diet's doing the trick eh guys, I feel smashing!" Wallace beamed before taking a bite of a carrot, while Kali and Gromit just stared at him blankly. 

"So how's our rabbit monster hmm? Hope you two are keeping an eye on him" Wallace asked Kali and Gromit.

"Oh yes, we most definitely have been a whole lot" Kali replied, with a bit of a nervous chuckle. 

It quickly became awkwardly silent between the three. Wallace oddly looked around before asking "What's up dog?". Which was cliche cause Kali's heard that from the Bugs Bunny cartoons she's watched. 

"Apparently you" Gromit replied. "Huh?" Wallace didn't get what his dog meant by that. 

Kali let out a aggravating groan, like Gromit always did whenever Wallace didn't know what was going on. When she grabbed a mirror and showed it in front of Wallace. "DAH!" the eccentric inventor screamed, nearly jumping out of his seat. 

"Well fancy that. Rabbit ears, that is a bit odd" Wallace said while touching his fluffy new ears. Gromit then grabbed the newspaper and showed it to Wallace. 

"What are you two trying to say?" Wallace questioned his companions. Gromit let out an aggravating sigh and rolled his eyes while Kali grabbed her face, feeling like she was gonna tear it right off. 

"You are the monster!" they both said to their friend. 

"What?!" it looked like Wallace was about to laugh. "You two think i'm the- ...because of these?" he asked, grabbing his rabbit ears. 

"Duh" Kali replied while rolling her eyes, I mean seriously he finally got that. 

"Oh no, no this is just a reaction to that healthy veg diet you got me on. I think the toxins might be coming out" Wallace explained before he chuckled, thinking it was no big deal. "You two are silly, thinking i'm the beast" he patted Kali and Gromit both on the head. This made Kali and Gromit both frustrated that Wallace wasn't taking them seriously.

"The next thing you'll be saying is that Hutch is turning into me" he joked. 

"That's it!" Kali and Gromit looked at each other and snapped their fingers. They brought Wallace downstairs to the basement. 

"Hey, what are you doing lass?" Wallace asked Kali, who was opening Hutch's cage "Have you gone completely mad!". 

"Mad like The Hatter" she replied with a smirk, she knew what she was doing. The trio waited a few seconds when suddenly-

"CHEEEEEEESE!" a voice cried out, sounding slightly similar to Wallace's. 

"Cheese?" Wallace said, when Gromit held out a big piece of cheese in front of Hutch's cage. Loud footsteps were heard as  the ground shook a little. Out of the shadows there stood Hutch, standing on two legs like a human and wearing a green sweater, making him almost a spitting image of Wallace. Hutch gobbled the cheese right up in seconds, much to Wallace's shock. "Oooh I do like a bit of Gorgonzola" Hutch approved with a smile. Kali then turned to Wallace.