Dirk's birthday (part three)

Sorry for the long wait! Here we go! Part three for Dirk's birthday!

Dirk didn't know how nor when or why, but for some reason Jake had dragged him all the way over to the arcade. Not to mention it's one of the best in town. He had no clue what he was getting into. But then as soon as they entered through the front doors a loud pop sounded and glitter like streamers popped up all into his face. His eyes widened once he saw everyone standing around with large smiles all over their faces.

"Surprise! Happy Birthday Dirk!" They shouted. And held in their hands was a large cake covered in white and orange frosting with Pop tart crumbs and a picture of one of his drawings on it. He looked up at everyone who just smiled and then turned to Jake.

"Was this your idea?" He asks with a small chuckle that seemed intertwine with a quiver.

Jake smiled, "Let's make this year a good one okay?"

The blonde laughed and embraced his lover as tightly as he could while allowing a water fall of tears to just roll down his cheeks endlessly. The others stood behind him with warm smiles as they admired the sight before them that was engulfed in their loving presence. Dave smiled and sniffled a bit himself. He never saw his brother celebrate his birthday like this, and he didn't think he would ever see something this big as a party to work for his brother either. And now he could. And now that he has he was glad that he turned to his brother when they needed each other the most.

"Come on ol' Chum we have plenty of things to do," Jake whispers into his ear as he carefully lifts his face up and wipes away the tears. Dirk nods and let's go until his hands glide along to his hands. He holds them firmly and leans forward planting a kiss to the tanned forehead that laid before him. Jake smiles and holds his hand.

"Let's go," Dirk says. Jake nods as the two join the others ready for the party to begin.

"We wanted to do something special this year...I know it's difficult...but you don't mind do you?"

He blinks and laughs a bit. This really was a surprise. He blew out the candle and smiled.

"Thanks a lot guys....I really do appreciate it,"

"Right so let's partyyyy~!!!!" Roxy shouts with a fist in the air.

"Lazer tag down the hall let's go!" Dave shouts. Dirk smirks and follows his brother to the doorway as do the rest except Jake. The tanned boy could only smile for the moment as he felt accomplished and content with the results that he had managed to obtain with the help of his friends. It's moments like these that he would like to remember for the rest of his life.

"Jake don't just stand there let's go!" Dirk shouts.

Jake smiles and nods, "I'm coming!" He shouts and runs straight to the doorway.

Seconds within the game the two teams were neck in neck according to the scoreboards which were only shown outside for the employees to see. And even they were a bit terrified of the results being shown. They were all certain that these young adults we're just not human. Meanwhile, inside the dark room both teams have separated between the blondes and Raven haired groups. Jake hid behind a wall and snuck a peak to see  his boyfriend silently glancing around with great catution. And to the other side his sister Jade was grinning a bit and lifts her gun and shoots. Dirk ducks and shoots her chest instead. She curses and runs off leaving Jake to himself. He sneaks a peak again and sees Roxy coming up around the corner. He quickly moves and ducks just as Dirk attempts to shoot him. He smiles and runs directly up to him and places a hand to his chest. Dirk looks down at him and is surprised with a kiss. He kisses back leaving himself vulnerable and open. This left Jake with an advantage. He lifts his gun and smirks pressing it to his chest.