Prologue

"Sometimes the person you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger."

February 12, 2019

Karma P.O.V

Today is February 12, 2019. The day that I will be getting revenge for my husband. For my children. For my family. For myself. It might have taken 7 years, 4 months and 4 days but I kept my word. I promised myself that I would make the person who did this pay for all the pain they put me and my family through. After 7 years, I finally found the linchpin that will send HIM so much pain.

Here I am, on the roof of an abandoned building. My sniper set up, ready for my target to get out of the building. She comes to the same hair salon, every 2 weeks to get the same wash and blow out but always comes out with something different. As she walked out of the salon, I quickly looked at the flag that showed the wind speed. 5 mph.

I adjusted my view finder, making sure that I can get a clear shot. You know I use to think snipers were detached from their target because of the distance, but I've learned that you actually feel closer to the target. I could see every pore, every imperfection on my target and it gives me such a powerful feeling. The thought that in one shot, I can take the breath out of someone lungs, stop the blood from running through their body, and stop their heart from beating. And all it takes is one second.

Again, I took a look at my target, wanting to absorb this moment. Her hair was blonde, with a beautiful wave to it. As always she had on sunshades, covering her beautiful hazel eyes which saddened me a little bit. Her body was perfected in a nice tight black and white dress, showing off her long legs that I've always been envious of. Lastly, I looked at that bright big smile, that I loved so much.

As soon as I felt my heart start to feel again, I remembered my family

As soon as I felt my heart start to feel again, I remembered my family. My husband. My children. She's a target. She's a target. She's a target.

Again, I checked the wind. 4 mph. Looked through my view finder. Perfect. All I had to do was pull the trigger. I admired my target one last time before, pulling the trigger.

Karma has been served.