Been A Minute | Algee |

Been a minute since you call me, call me, call me, call me
Call me, call me
Been a minute since we got naughty, naughty, naughty, naughty
Naughty, naughty
Been a minute since my body, body, body, body
Been on your body, body
Been a minute since all that, oh yeah
And I think I might want that back
Seyvn Streeter

---------------------------------

"You know what Algee? Fuck you! Every time you come home from ya little "business trips" it's always something new, why can't you just be faithful to me?!" Y/n yelled at her boyfriend Algee. This was his thing, coming back home late at night with a purple bruises on his neck and lip stick stains on his white button down.

"Y/n why you always tripping on me? it's not like you don't already know that i'm done with you. what's this like the 100th time that i've cheated? why are you still here? huh? I'm tired of hearing your fuckin' mouth, bickering at me when we both know that this relationship ended years ago. Now, get off my back." Algee glared at her a while longer before shaking his head and turning around to go upstairs to their bedroom. Y/n felt her heart drop into her shoes as she processed what her boyfriend of 6 years just said to her. They practically grew up together, she was there when he had his dreads, she was there before he got his spot in 'Let it shine' , She was there through it all and this is how she gets paid in return.

From that moment on, she decided that Algee obviously wasn't worth any of the heartbreak and pain that she felt. She went up stairs and gathered her things , not saying one thing to Algee. She left , and she never looked back. She vowed to make sure that Algee regrets his decision ... She was finally going to follow her dreams.

------------------------------

2 years later..

"Y/n! Y/n! How does it feel being the #1 R&B singer in the game right now?"

"Are you ready to be preforming at the BET awards tonight?"

"Are you aware that Algee is going to be on stage too?"

Y/n strutted her way to the red carpet of the BET awards while being bombarded by paps, this was the usual for her now. After her bad break up with Algee she immediately got on her grind, she had a voice on her and she wanted to use it. She met up with a lot of important people in the music industry and once they heard her voice, they knew she had to become a star.

"Actually, i haven't even thought about him at all" Y/n answered the last question and laughed. It was true. Her new life without Algee was great, she was pursuing so many things, things that she wouldn't be able to while being in Algee's shadow.

-------------------------

It was about that time for her to perform and she was ecstatic about it, it was time to finally show of her talent to everybody in the world.

(What she wears on stage, choose whichever color)

"Without further or due, please rise to your feet for the beautiful Y/n" Michael b Jordan announced her.

She slowly rose onto the smoke filled stage while the beginning of the song played.

"Since he ain't been with me
I ain't thinking 'bout him at all, uh uh
Called it quits, picked up my shit
I ain't look back, ain't nothing to be sad for, uh uh
Just one of those things when you know it's over
Better walk away, no reason to hold on, oh
Boy, it's easy to be off you
I don't see you, I don't call you
But then you call me, oh damn

Been a minute since you call me, call me, call me, call me
Call me, call me
Been a minute since we got naughty, naughty, naughty, naughty
Naughty, naughty
Been a minute since my body, body, body, body
Been on your body, body
Been a minute since all that, oh yeah
And I think I might want that back"

The crowd was going crazy for her while she sung perfectly into the mic, while she sung all she could focus on was her music, she forgot about everybody in the room and just gave it her all.. Everybody including her ex..

Algee sat in the crowd admiring how good Y/n looked. He was proud of her, and he felt bad for holding her back from following her dreams . Now that he thinks about it, he was sorry for everything he's ever done to her. He listened to the lyrics of her song

"Been a minute since you call me, call me, call me, call me
Call me, call me
Been a minute since we got naughty, naughty, naughty, naughty
Naughty, naughty
Been a minute since my body, body, body, body
Been on your body, body
Been a minute since all that, oh yeah
And I think I might want that back"

"She's right.. it has been a minute." He thought in his head and pulled out his phone, shooting a text to the number that he hoped she still had.

Algee could definitely say that he wanted that old thing back.

Tbc

-------------------------------------

Comment , Vote 🤸🏾‍♀️❤️