This Woman's Work | Bryshere|

For my girl, DopeCreations

Kaliyah had just gotten back from a disastrous date with her co-worker Jack. He had a terrible breath problem and all he did the whole time was talk about him and his mother and how great she is, and the worst part? He brought her with them. Yes, His mother came on the date with them and acted very rudely towards Kaliyah . There was an instance when Jack went to the restroom and his Mother told her that "she refused to let her steal her son away from her". After that, Liyah left her at the table to let her enjoy her son cause she didn't have time for what they were throwing at her.

Walking tiredly into her home with her heels in her hand, she noticed her neighbor's house lights on. Her and her neighbor, Bryshere are actually close friends but she didn't really feel like talking to anyone right now.  She was over the whole night.

She soon found her way into her room with a bottle of wine, taking it to the head as she went over to her beats pill to blast Maxwell's 'This Woman's Work' on replay. She sighed and began to strip from the black lacey dress that she sported. Why can't i ever find a good man? I'm tired of being alone, I'm tired of being a virgin, I'm tired of being tired. She sighed once again before taking another long swig of her wine and heading towards the bathroom so she could shower.

What Kaliyah didn't know was that Bryshere was looking in from his window. He wasn't trying to be a creep, but he couldn't help but notice his friends sad behavior. She's drinking straight from the wine bottle. She has to be upset about something.

As soon as she walked into her bathroom, bryshere took it upon himself to go grab a tub of ice cream from his freezer, old movies, and a teddy bear he had planned to give her a long time ago. This should make her feel better.

He then made his way next door and grabbed her spare key from under her doormat.

"Aye, Liyah! I'm here. Uh, I figured you could use a friend.... I'm Just gonna put a movie in and wait for you!" He shouted so that she could hear him, putting everything he brought in place in her living room .

Meanwhile Kaliyah was sitting down on her bathroom floor, wrapped up in a towel, slightly shivering from the cold air hitting her wet skin with tears falling down her face. All my life i've never gotten the right attention from a male.. never properly got my first kiss, never properly went on my first date... and never properly learned how a man should treat me because i never had a father. I want the pain to go away.. I want to feel loved.

After that last thought she picked herself off of the floor, and took a swig of her wine, which was half way gone already. Maxwell's voice captivated her as She let her legs take her downstairs, slightly stumbling over her own feet because of the buzz she was getting.

"Hey Lee-Lee, You oka— have you been crying?" Bryshere rushed over to her trying to take a good look at her face before she started to giggle childishly.