Grow | Algee |

I'm coming from, a place of illusions and being blinded
I've been around it
I hear it now, it's coming loud
The sound of sirens
Of all of the places, how is this where i end up?
Oh, hated for what i am, and Loved for what i am not
Truth is that our men are equal but i know
Equal for my kind of people ain't what they show
I'm crying "oh oh.. oh oh"
Oh, oh.. I wonder when we will grow
-Algee Smith
--------------------------------

Detroit, Michigan. 1963.
Algee Smith

Her voice is so captivating. I stared at the small tv sitting in the living room. Everytime she came on i couldn't help but to stare at the screen. I have to go see her.. I have to meet her.
Her baby blue eyes, dark brown hair and stunning smile was enough to make any brotha' holla at her. Even if his life was at risk when doing so.

( What he's watching on tv. ignore the color)

The video is being recorded live from the all white's bar down the street... All i'll have to do is sneak through the back door and-

"Is yo' ass still tryna muster up a plan to get her? Man how many times do i have to tell you that it's not going to happen. We're not her kind, G" My boy Seaweed said to me while taking a seat on the next chair over.

"Not all white people are the same you know.. she seems genuine." I lean back and look down at my shoes. But how would i know that she's different? She doesn't even know i exist.

"You remember when i tried that shit wit' Penny, man. It just doesn't work out. White people got they head so far stuck up in their ass that they only see white. You can't change that. Just find you a chocolate honey. They don't ever bring you down." He smile lifting a beer bottle to his mouth and taking a swig.

"I'll keep that in mind bruh." I smiled back a little before looking at the screen.

I'm going to get her.

                Tbc.

--------------------------

This along with vampire will be a mini series 🤷🏽‍♀️

Comment, Vote 🤸🏾‍♀️