Chapter 1 (Fin.)

He knew it was almost time. The door would open soon, allowing Cyborg to enter, and he would be forced to eat again.

Why can't they just let me go? Why do they keep me in my misery?

    Those were his constant thoughts, but never once had he said a word. He didn't have to wait long as the door swished open, the half-robot walking in with a bag. He knew what was in the bag, oh but how he would that it'd disappear.

      "Hey, Rob! It's time for breakfast!" The cybernetic teen greeted him, although he received nothing in return. Robin gave a subtle shake of his head, though Cyborg caught it. "I'm sorry, Rob, but you have to eat." He moved towards the young leader, and hooked the bag of liquids to the feeding tube. The boy did nothing but sigh, he knew he would lose anyways. There was no point. "Rob...Man, you gotta tell us what's wrong, why are you so depressed?"

Robin didn't bother to reply. They went through this everyday, yet he would give no answer.

I can't tell them, ever. I've betrayed them once, I won't do it again.

     "We know it's got something to do with Slade," Robin twitched at the name. The name that haunted his dreams, just not the way the others would believe. "When we finally got you back from him (1), you were a wreck. You had no physical injuries, Raven told us he hasn't messed with your mind, so what did he do? What did he do to make you like this way? Please, just tell us. No matter what it is, we're there for you, you know that right?" He took the boy's hand and gave it a gentle comforting squeeze.

They would never understand. It's better this way, just let me go.

     "I can't stand to see my little brother like this, Richard." It was whispered so softly, the teen almost missed it. Tears leaked from Robins eyes, as he smiled-a real smile-at the older teen.

    It had been after the Red X incident when he had told the older teen how much he looked up to him, how he wanted to make him proud by catching Slade, his affections were returned, and he had brought Cyborg to his room. He had showed him the briefcase hidden behind a false wall in his closet, telling him his real name. None of the others knew but they had seen how the two were closer.

     He gave the other an apologetic look, and noticing the little spark of hope in the oldest eyes, he gave it some thought. Cyborg was his older brother now right? He would listen, he wouldn't judge, that's what brothers were for.

    Ill tell him part, just a part. Maybe....if he understands, I can tell him everything. Maybe he would get it.

    Robin gave the hand holding his own a squeeze, and nodded. "Tell..." He croaked. It had been a long time since he last spoke, he was starting to believe he was mute.

    The older beamed at him, and sat on the side of the bed, Robin shifting to make room and held the losers hand tightly. Robin made a face, trying to think of a way to say it, without using so many words.

"Love..." Cyborg was shocked. His younger brother was suicidal, because he was in love?

    "Why would you do this then? Shouldn't you be chasing that hotty?" Robin had admitted to the team that he was gay soon after they met, making sure there were no misunderstandings within the group.

"Can't..." Cyborg raised an eyebrow at this, who wouldn't want Robin, the boy wonder?

    "Now who wouldn't want my amazing little bro? Anyone would be lucky to have you." Robin cracked a smile at this, before finally answering.

"For...bidden...you won't....approve."

    "And who says I won't? That's just your assumption." Robin snuck a shy glance at him, his reply no more than a whisper.

"Love me?...Big Bro...ther," the older of the two smiled, and ran his free hand through the youngers hair.

     "I'll always love my little Bro', you know that," Robin hesitated, but with a persistent nudge from Cyborg, he continued, closing his weary eyes in same.

"Villain..." He turned his head away when he heard the cybernetic teen gasp.

      "You too, huh?" The boy's eyes snapped open, his gaze shooting to Cyborg, who's face was sporting a prominent blush. He saw the younger teens shocked look and laughed a little. "I've had a thing for Jinx for a while now, but I didn't know you'd take it." The younger laughed some, before choking on his dry throat, sending him into a coughing fit.

It soon ended, and the young leader collapsed on the bed, taking in gasps of air.

"Well who is it?! Come on, I gotta know now!" Robin once again looked away in shame.

"You...hate..trust me..."

"That's for me to decide, Richard." Was the stern reply. He knew that tone, it meant no nonsense.

"...."

"What was that? I couldn't hear you."

"Slade..."

-------
Holy Zalgo! That took a lot more time to rewrite than expected. Anyways if you enjoyed this chapter, please comment and/or vote.

Credits: Flamour