Mr. and Mrs. Watson

John's POV:

I was horny.

I missed Mary and there's only so much you can get out of porn.

My family knew that, but they also knew that I was working through a rough patch with my wife.

"Just apologize." Mrs Hudson sighed in exasperation.

"I haven't done anything wrong." I argued.

"Obviously you have." Kyna pointed out.

"But I haven't!" I shot back.

"Mary misses you." Molly added.

"Well I won't apologize."

"Maybe you should call her." Sherlock suggested.

There was a knock on the door.

No one spoke. My eyebrows shot up, but no one would make eye contact with me, so I stood to answer the door. When it swung back on its hinges my mouth opened in shock.

"Mary!" I croaked.

There was a very tense silence.

"Sherlock!" I growled.

"I probably should have mentioned that I called her." He shrugged his shoulders and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry." Mary said. "Is this a bad time? I can come b-"

"No!" I blurted. "Stay!"

She looked at me for a moment and then awkwardly shuffled into the living room.

"Hello." She said to everyone.

"You are very beautiful." Kyna said in observation. Mary turned pink and my heart tap-danced.

"Thank you." She smiled. "I don't know who you are."

"I'm Kyna. I'm Sherlock's daughter."

"His... daughter?" She frowned.

Kyna smiled. "Yes. My mother drugged and raped him sixteen years ago, which is how I was produced. She died many months ago. So Sherlock has taken on responsibility as an unwilling father."

"I'm willing." He argued.

Kyna rolled her eyes. 

"Anyway," Molly griped. "I'm sure John and Mary want to catch up."

"Oh, yes," Mrs Hudson agreed, her eyes twinkling mischievously. Together they left the living room, chatting about something irrelevant. I caught Mrs. Hudson's sly wink at me.

"Kyna," Sherlock called from the stairs. "Come help me with the case."

"I thought I was grounded?" She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. Sherlock grinned, but I noticed his glance at Mary and me.

"I'm giving you a license of freedom for 24 hours." He motioned impatiently. "Now hurry up."

She beamed. "Coming!"

I realized I was alone in the living room with Mary. She looked at me expectantly. I rocked back and forth on my toes, hands jammed into the pockets of my jeans.

"Well-" she started.

"Um-" I said at the same time. We both stuttered to a stop. Mary wouldn't look at me.

"I'm sorry." I said, just as she said "Please forgive me."

We looked at each other. I blinked. And suddenly she was running towards me, her arms outstretched. I reached for her, picking her up, crushing our lips together urgently.

"I missed you." She murmured when we broke off.

"Yeah, I got that." I smirked. She kissed me again.

"Let's not ever fight again." She said solemnly.

"Agreed." I felt relieved. Her mouth was a magnet to mine.

"Is Molly living with Sherlock?" She asked suddenly, her eyes round.

I couldn't help but laugh.