Sherlock's Choice

[A/N: So I'm trying something new with 2 character point of views in one chapter. Don't freak out when it switches POV halfway through. I'm just doing this for a better efficiency. I can't believe that this book has 6,000 reads. Like it feels like only yesterday that it was at only 600!]

Kyna's POV:

"Goodbye Sherlock." I said into the phone, my hands trembling.

"Now hang up." Moriarty hissed, his gun pointed at my back.

I pressed the end button and handed him my phone.

"I hate you." I stated.

"That's the difference between you and I..." He trilled. "I know when to state the obvious and when to shut up and be good."

"I, at least, know that I am the better person." I snapped at him.

"You know what I don't get?" Moriarty was suddenly very close to me, his breath tickling my face. "I don't understand how you solved the case. I didn't even leave any clues."

"Wrong." I jibed. "You were careless."

"I was NOT." He snapped.

"You WERE." I shouted right back at him. He ducked his head down and gritted his teeth. I knew he was trying not to kill me. I didn't care anymore. He could kill me if he wanted to.

"Fine." He finally hissed. "Then why don't you enlighten me? Give me the details."

I remained stubbornly silent until he was running his fingers through his hair in agitation.

"If you won't tell me, I'll just cut you until there's enough of your blood to fill a cup... and then I'll make you drink it."

I swallowed thickly. "Sherlock told me about the Sally Donovan case. She was dead for an hour from a knife wound and walked away like nothing had happened. I looked into her medical records and she was accepted for a treatment for a growth pill."

"Growth pill?" Moriarty laughed, but I caught his eyes. Panic.

"Yes." I continued, not phased by his shoot down. "A drug that enhanced human abilities."

I let him contemplate that, even though I could not read his expression anymore.

"There were side effects though..." I told him. "There was a closed case file on a brutal house fire, killing ten people in two days before it was discovered. It was a lie, though. The people in the house fire were laboratory victims. From the human enhancer.

"The government shut down the entire thing, until one a single person ruined everything."

I felt my stomach twist as I looked at the crumpled body lying on the floor next to me. His blonde hair was rucked all to one side like he was asleep. My throat caught.

"Before Peter was homeless, he was a boy genius who worked in a government science laboratory. While working there, he created a very helpful medication: a human growth pill."

Intense silence from the audience.

"Peter was sacked from the facility as soon as they figured that the enhancer didn't work- and caused major side effects, but not before a certain consulting criminal found him, and convinced him to sell the remaining medication to the public.

"One of the people he treated was Sally Donovan, and two days later, you killed her out of spite."

He nodded at my calculations and motioned with his hand for me to continued.

"I don't think even you were expecting her to rise from the dead, because that's when the entire case fell apart... "Philip White's" human enhancer worked it's job too well and was proven very dangerous when the family of politicians was killed. You panicked." I accused. "You needed the syrum to be gone, but you weren't sure who was taking it.