Epilogue

Kyna's POV:

Four Months Later

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep!

I angrily slammed my hand down on my alarm clock, and rubbed my eyes. My hair was sticking to my cheek and I brushed it aside, scratching my forehead in the process.

I blearily opened one eye and winced at the blinding light filtering through my window.

"First day of school." I murmured. "I've got this." I rolled over and slid off my bed, landing on my feet and heading straight for the bathroom.

When I was sure that my teeth were perfectly white and my makeup was spotless, I pulled on a skirt and a shirt, and slipped into my shoes.

"Kyna, breakfast!" Molly called. I had gotten used to hearing her voice in the mornings ever since she had moved in with us. John was living across the street with a very pregnant Mary so Molly and Sherlock had taken his bedroom.

With nervous butterflies in my stomach, I grabbed my bag from its spot in the armchair, and headed for the kitchen.

"Do you have time to eat?" Sherlock asked, peering over his newspaper at me.

"Some toast maybe." I suggested.

Molly passed me a plate and a cup of tea.

"Thank you!" I called, I dashed into the living room to grab my purse.

"Bye, dad." I re-entered the kitchen and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Come straight home after school." He ordered. "Lestrade wants us at the Yard for shooting practice."

"I wouldn't miss it."

I was just about to head back into my room to grab the house key when there was a knock on the door.

"I've got it!" I called towards the kitchen.

My hand clamped around the knob and I opened the door to a young man in tattered jeans.

He had short cropped blonde hair and pretty blue eyes. His jacket was torn in multiple places and his dimples stretched his face.

"Hi." He said sheepishly.

The tea cup clattered out of my hand and shattered against the floor. My mouth opened in shock and I took a step back to steady myself.

Peter Wiggins was standing in my doorway.