The Rescue Plan

"Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment, and especially on their children, than the unlived lives of the parent."

~Carl Gustav Jung

Sherlock's POV:

I was pissed off.

If anyone thought that they could just take Kyna away from me, then they were immensely delusional.

"John get a cab. I'm calling Kyna." I ordered. John disappeared with Mary not far behind him.

"Sherlock." Molly was slowly twisting her shirt to shreds, tears streaming silently down her face. "Will she be alright?"

"I'm calling her right now." I waited in heated tension for her to answer.

"Hello?" She asked, like it was just another phone call.

"Are you on speaker?" I asked immediately.

"Yes." She replied curtly.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, Sherlock."

Molly had pressed her ear to the phone to hear what she was saying.

I pressed the speaker button and placed the phone on the table. "Can you tell me where you are?"

There was a pause, broken only with muffled whispering. "Yes." She finally said.

"Say it then."

"Somewhere in London. I'm fine, Sherlock."

"Be more specific."

"I may be a very long way from home." She said mysteriously. There was some shuffling. "I'm fine, Sherlock. Don't come looking for me...

I'm fine, Sherlock."

"Are you sure you are ok?" I asked.

"I'm fine, Sherlock."

I quickly grabbed a pen and wrote the number five down on a spare bit of paper.

"What-" Molly started. But I shushed her.

"Alright. If you're sure that you're fine," I told Kyna.

"Yes."

"Be home by five," I ordered.

"It may be closer to seven."

I wrote the number seven down under the number five.

"Don't forget to feed the dog," She added suddenly, "and I was hoping to watch that movie with you tonight."

"Which one?"

"I think it was Signs, but it may have been the North Pole."

"The North Pole is so dull. Let's watch Signs. I'll make sure we have it."

"Thank you, Sherlock."

It was then that I suddenly remembered something.

"You had better not be with that Peter boy."

There was a terrible silence.

"Peter is not here," She said monotonously.

I swallowed thickly. "Well, goodbye then."

"Goodbye, Sherlock."

She hung up.

"Sherlock, tell me what that was about." Molly demanded. Her hands on her hips.

I paced, my hands clutched together to keep from trembling. "She's such a clever girl." I bragged. "Of course he'll know exactly what she's up to, though."

"Sherlock, please tell me what's going on!" Molly griped.

"My daughter is in terrible danger, Molly Hooper. By leaving this apartment, I am going to what is most likely my untimely death." I shrugged my shoulder. "Well, I say untimely, but I actually mean very unfortunate. I'm assuming... Hmm, she said she was in London, I'm thinking-"

"Sherlock." Molly managed to gain my attention by grabbing the collar of my shirt and making me face her. "Are you going to die?"

"Most likely," I nodded.

"Right, then," she nodded as well. "I'm going with you."

"Molly-"

"Shut up."

"But-"

"I said shut it, you bimbo."

I stared very hard at her, feeling something like pride. She'd come a long way from the shy little mouse in St. Bart's. Finally, I nodded.

 "Okay, let's go save my daughter." I grabbed her hand and pulled her out the door to where John and Mary were waiting in the cab.

~~~~~

"Kyna has been kidnapped by Jim Moriarty." I explained in the car. "Would you like to know how I know?"

John nodded. "Tell us, then."

"I'm assuming she was being held at gun point. Her words were stiff and she regulated her breathing patterns on purpose. She said that she was fine five times."

"I don't understand."

"Of course you wouldn't." I groaned. "She said that she was in London."

"So why are we leaving London?" John asked.

"Because it was obvious that she was lying."

"Ok?" John still looked confused, but Mary had the decency to nod like she understood.

"Go on," She waved.

"She mentioned the number seven. We need to go seven miles out of London until we reach a..." My eyes widened. "A dog park! Stop the car!"

"What?" Mary leaned sharply forward as we stopped suddenly.

"Kyna mentioned that we should feed the dog."

"We don't have a dog." Molly added.

"Right. She also mentioned the number five."

"And the movie Signs." Molly imputed.

"Count five signs past the dog park and go... north. She talked about the North Pole."

"Brilliant." Molly exclaimed. I ordered the taxi driver to keep going, and we all paid close attention to the signs we passed.

"What now?" Mary asked, when we stopped at the fifth sign.

I got out of the car and turned in a full circle. There was nothing.

"There a car tracks running through the dirt here." I pointed. "But they stop at the edge of the woods."

"Where did they go?" John asked.

"I don't know." I furrowed my brow in frustration.

"Say that again." John ordered. "That's rare."

"Shut up." I growled.

"Fine." He raised his hands in surrender.

"Sherlock," Mary gripped my coat sleeve. "Kyna's clues weren't that hard to figure out. I'm betting Moriarty knows them as well."

I looked at her grimly, and an understanding passed between us. She looked shocked for a moment, but the moment passed and her features smoothed.

"Would you like to hear the last part of the clues?" I asked the group, trying to refocus the subject. They nodded collectively.

"Kyna called me Sherlock, and she stopped calling me that ages ago."

John. Molly and Mary all looked at each other and suddenly their faces were hard with determination.

"So what do we do?" Mary asked.

I analyzed them for a moment. They were all so willing to save a sixteen year old girl with no connection to them at all. John and Molly were seriously concerned and even though Mary had only just met Kyna, she was prepared to do anything to get her back.

"We save her," I said.

Together we plunged into the woods.