// Chapter One //

(Before I start this off, huge thanks to @DaniLucille for editing this chapter. Please be kind and go give them a follow, Thanks!)

::::

"Y/n! Young lady, get off of the counter! It's for food, not for your butt!" The teen snickered as she jumped off of the kitchen counter and beamed up at her mother. "When is dinner ready?" She asked as her mother maneuvered around her daughter with a salmon. "In about an hour Y/n, be patient" The women hummed while placing the salmon on the counter and pulled out a kitchen knife. "Go mess around outside, Play fetch with Kiki, Just go do something." Her mother shooed. Y/n groaned and rolled her eyes as she strolled out of the kitchen. The young girl peered over towards the backdoor, and spotted the familiar fluffy tail-wagger happily bounding around at the sight of her. She gave a soft smile and made her way over to the dog. She opened the door, sliding out to be greeted with plenty of wet kisses on her legs.

"Haha, Kiki, ahhh! Why are you wet?!?" Y/n lightly shoved the white dog away, getting a happy bark in return. She glanced around and spotted a worn out tennis ball sitting by the door. "Wanna fetch?" The girl chirped as she grabbed the ball and raised into the air. The dog jumped up on its hind legs and wagged her tail. Y/n grinned widely, and she threw the ball as far as she could down her yard with a light grunt. Kiki blasted after it with no hesitation, gaining a chuckle from the girl. She slowly walked to the edge of her desk and gazed upon the sunset. The trees seemed like they just barely touched the orange and pink sky.Y/n quietly thanked her mother for picking a house out of town and sat down on the deck stairs, just as Kiki came running back with the green ball. She placed it on Y/n's lap before she went chasing the ball once again. The girl sighed and placed her chin on her hand. 

She stared at the faint stars with soft eyes. Her mind wandered in many directions: from why there is a fruit called Grapefruit, to what her father was doing before settling on the Garrison. She recently got accepted into the large place and was leaving in about a month or so, for a Solo fighter class. Her eyes dropped to her feet, as she thought about her life and her goals. Trying to find the goal she had been following before she was accepted. She couldn't think of one. Passing the thought off, she started thinking about the recent news from the school, informing the world of the missing students. The girl could only remember Pidge, since it made her smile and think of a Pidgeon at the information, yet her heart felt a bit colder at the idea of her going missing. Her family would crumble after the recent incident of her uncle dying in a drunk fight.Y/n was snapped out of her thoughts when the white fluff-ball came rushing back, whimpering in happiness as she held the ball once again. 

The girl ignored her pet and stared back up at the sky. She then spotted a large blast of, something, that was flying down near her house. "Wh- W- M-Mom!" Y/n stammered before scrambling up to her feet and running to her door, Kiki by her side "Mom! T-There is a meteor outside! Something!" The girl yowled as she raced to her mother's side, causing the lady to drop the knife she was holding and scream. "Y/n M/n L/n! Don't do that!" her mother scolded, turning to her daughter. "Mom! Did you hear what I just screamed! Thing. In. Sky!" The teen yelped in defence, earning a scowl from her mother. "It's probably a Garrison ship Y/n, we live quite close, alright." The girl's eyes twitched as she held her arms up. "IT WAS ON FIRE, WAY TO FAST, RED" Her mother glared at the girl and turned away. "There is no danger Y/n. Now leave, because your pissing me off." With that the conversation was off.Y/n stood there for a second. She then furrowed her eyebrows and rushed out of the kitchen, towards her room, almost tripping on Kiki in the process. 

She rummaged around. "If you're not going to do anything about it, then I will." She told herself as she pulled out a flashlight from under some clothes, putting it in her pocket. Kiki trotted in and sniffed around, before happily taking a bite of an old sandwich. Y/n grabbed a small hunting knife from her bedside table and also shoved it into her pocket. She checked once more if she had everything she thought she would need. "I guess my 'lord' wouldn't let me storm out of the house with a knife, now would she.." Y/n grumbled, opening her window and glancing at the again sky. The thing was now closer to earth and still near her house, heading into the forest. Y/n took one last look at her beloved white dog and giving a nod, before jumping out without thought. She landed quietly and softly on the ground below and ran off towards where the ship was headed.

::::

[862 Words]