// Chapter Five //

::::

"ALLURA WHY DID YOU NOT TELL US THAT ZARKON WAS HERE?!" The blue Paladin's voice screamed as his lion dodged a huge blast from a Zarkon ship, Y/n held on tightly to one of the control panels in the black lion as Shiro hit a ship away from Keith. "I suppose it never really is easy to get something important is it.." The princess sighed as her image flickered off of the screen, Instead Keith appeared clearly focusing on the fight. "Y/n do you have any idea where the lion could be?" He grunted a bit as his lion took a rough hit and slammed into a huge rock, The girl hesitated before closing her eyes to feel a strong tug in her heart and the lion in a bright cave. She opened her eyes and glanced outside of the black lion before spotting a cave that had the same glow in her vision "That one! It's in that cave!" Shiro nodded and pulled his lion to the right and dived down, Everyone's lions followed and quickly met up with Shiro and Y/n. "If the lion's go into the cave all of Zarkon will know what we are up to guys!" Pidge pointed out as her lion flue a bit forward, Shiro sighed and turned to Y/n "I think you may have to go in yourself" The girl felt a spark of energy in her chest "I mean... Alright.. Just cover me" she mentally slapped herself as the male nodded.

Before she knew it as was spat out of the black lion and tumbling on the ground, Y/n swiftly got to her feet and rushed towards the cave entrance as all the lion's landed behind her defensively. The young women yelped as she spotted plenty of soldiers inside and turned to her beginning to shoot, She snarled a bit as she charged faster and threw herself onto the closest one. Bringing it to its knees and kicking it to five others, She snatched one gun and began to shoot and run past most of the soldiers taking down plenty. The girl dropped the gun after there was very few left and focused on the task at hand rushing through the catacombs of this cave, Her body was being pulled in a direction without her even knowing. "Y/n how are you doing in there?" Shiro's voice muffled through the walkie talkie she was gifted yet she ignored it, Her eyes lit up at a small crack at the dead end that shined like the sun. "Y/n!?" Lance's voice asked as the girl stopped and glanced behind her to spot the enemies a bit away before pulling the walkie talkie up to her face "I'm fine, Ran into a bit of trouble. How are you guys?" "Not so good, Millions of more ships came to the planet GAH!" The walkie talkie let out a huge loud noise making Y/n panic. She peered at the crack and kicked it roughly making some rocks crack off letting the girl slide in barley and drop to the ground, Y/n opened her eyes with a cringe feeling a bruise on her leg and noticed where she was.

The whole room was covered in bright crystals of light colors and shimmering water streams on the floor, Y/n gazed up at the familiar robotic animal that sat before her in a blue transparent field. She stood up and felt her heart beat faster than ever as she paced up to the blue shield and lightly placed her hand on its smooth outside, It flashed a bit before dissolving away to show the lion better. The white lion's eyes turned a bright blue as it began to move letting small water droplets fly off, Y/n was snapped out of her daze by the Zarkon troops kicking the small opening and breaking it open. Before she could even register what was happening the lion scooped the girl up softly letting her stand in front of the pilot's seat that was quite far from the controls, She sat down swiftly and was pulled forward towards the controls. The lion's vision flickered on and let out a loud rumble as the controls appeared, Y/n whimpered a bit as she was confused by all the complicated buttons before she felt her body take in a huge wave of something. She peered down at the controls once again and somehow understood them with ease, "Alright, Time to get out of here bud" The girl grinned happily as she began to mess with the controls. The lion stood up and stretched before roaring and firing a blast at the ceiling right as the Zarkon troops got in, its paws pushed off of the ground powerfully as the huge lion blasted into the air.

The girl laughed happily as the whole atmosphere changed once she saw the odd purple sky fill her eyes and twirled around as the lion twisted in the air and blasted towards the now formed Voltron "Woah.." was all could get out as her lion flue a circle around the large defender, Voltron glanced at the lion and blasted into the air and hit some ships away from the two. Even though Y/n didn't have a helmet to communicate with the other paladins she could still hear Lance's cheering as Voltron disbanded and flue towards Allura's ship, The girl glanced down to spot her smashed walkie talkie and gave a looped sided frown before noticing something else. On the side of the control panel there was a piece of paper taped to the wall, She reached out quickly and grabbed it and to her surprise it was in English! The girl was cut off by her lion purring softly and soft caring words appeared in her head 'It is finally nice to meet you' The girl blushed and folded the paper and put it in her pocket, "It's nice to meet you too boy" once the words there out of her mouth a large tube slowly rose up from behind the seat. She glanced over and smiled happily to see something that made her body bubble with excitement...

 A white paladin suit and a white paladin Bayard...

::::

[1027 Words]