// Chapter Eleven //

::::

"So, just leave the egg here?" Y/n asked, slightly worried.

 "Yes! It will keep the egg warm and keep us updated on how long till it will hatch" Allura explained happily, Y/n clutched the egg tightly and glanced down at it. Allura surprisingly had some sort of 'incubator' for the mystery egg. Mystery. It was called a Mystery since Y/n had thought about the past situation. 

There was a very small chance that the egg may have not even belonged to the weird beast, but maybe a stolen snack from a different species. It didn't change what Y/n wanted, she still wanted to keep the little creature anyway. Y/n reluctantly sighed and passed the egg over to Allura. 

"Alright..." The paladin spoke quietly, the princess smiled and happily took it into her hands. "Yet, we have to check if it has survived first." Allura placed the egg into a large tube in the machine and closed the lid on top. The tube began to glow a soft orange and the screen flickered on. Y/n gasped happily as she seen and heard a small heartbeat and other health charts. 

The Princess laughed at Y/n's reaction and took a step back. "It seems that this little guy may hatch sooner than I expected!" Y/n dropped to her knees in tears and look up at the ceiling. "I'm so happy!" she cried out, breaking down in happy tears. Allura awkwardly stepped over and patted Y/n's head. "I think you should head to bed. Tomorrow is more training" she smiled softly, the White paladin nodded lightly at the princess before being left alone in the room. 

Y/n stared happily at the egg, thoughts consumed her head as she began to think about what she would do with it. Would she name it? Would she have to set it free? Would it die as it hatched- No. That's a bad thought. Y/n stopped and thought that maybe changing out of her armor would be the best idea currently. The girl stood up and took one last glance at the egg before turning around and heading towards the doorway. 

She froze though. A large figure stumbled in front of her and caught its balance. "Y/n! hah... what are you doing here?" Hunk asked awkwardly. He was fully dressed in custom made Yellow Lion Pjs, Y/n raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "Hunk..." "Y/n! I'm sorry! I came out for midnight food and I heard you and the princess and-and-" Y/n only laughed at the male and shook her head (Smh) with a grin. 

"Hunk, It's fine. But, this.. Midnight food?" Y/n seemed quite interested now, which Hunk seemed to catch on. "You go grab your Pjs. I'll start making some snacks." he happily ordered, Y/n nodded with the largest smile. "Sir yes sir!" she chirped before the two ran off in a flash, Hunk almost tripping halfway through.

::::

"Ok, boom." Y/n slid into the room with a smile, she wore her White Lion slippers™ and a large white blanket. Whats under that blanket? Anyone's guess. Hunk cheered happily as the two ran to the kitchen. "Alright! Chef Hunk! What are we making today!?" Y/n jumped onto the counter and stared at Hunk with wide eyes.

"We are making..." Hunk opened the odd alien fridge and began to pull out some weird looking foods. "Uh... Well.. this one kinda looks like cheese so.." Hunk took the tiniest piece off of the block on green sludge and without thinking popped it into his mouth.

Y/n also took a piece in interest and as the two took a moment to take in the flavor, Hunk groaned and covered his mouth. Y/n looked at him, confused, before doing the same. She slid off of the counter as Hunk began to try and find anywhere to spit the food out. As the Yellow Paladin ran around and the White Paladin laid on the floor motionless, a light entered the room making Hunk freeze.

Pidge stood there awkwardly, she wore only a white t-shirt and black shorts with her Green Lion slippers™. She held a shocked expression as Hunk finally spotted a garbage can thing and pounced for it. "Should I ask?" Pidge sighed, yet right after Pidge spoke, Y/n suddenly flew upwards. When I mean flew, I mean flew. 

The Paladin was now slowly flying up to the ceiling, hovering at the least. "Y/n!? Wh-" "I swallowed the cheese stuff Hunk! My body is numb and now I'm flying-please help me!!" The girl wailed, Hunk stood back up from the trash can and made eye contact with Pidge. "Guys! Don't you dare!" Y/n made sure the blanket covered her shirt and she spun in the air.

The Green and Yellow paladin grew smirks and Y/n's head bonked up to the roof roughly. "Lance?" Pidge asked, Hunk only nodded in response and then the two were off. Y/n didn't want to scream since there were other people in the castle, but she was damn close. She grumbled and crossed her arms under the blanket, she glanced at the wall and stared at the vent.

To her surprise, there was one of the mice sitting there, the blue one. The White Paladin perked up with an idea and called out softly. "Hey! tch tch! come here, buddy!" she lifted an arm out but the mouse only snickered and ran off back into the vents. The girl hissed in annoyance as she tried to grip the roof with her slippers, which was successful, and pushed off towards the ground.

Y/n spun around as she softly landed on the ground and gripped the counter roughly, keeping her feet on the floor. She took a moment to steady herself out before sighing in relief, clicking her tongue and glaring at the doorway. She could hear the footsteps that were coming her way and frowned, as she could just barely hear the chatter of the trio, she readied herself to pounce on them as they enter.

As she barely seen Hunks head pop into the room, that is when she launched. Instead of catching them off guard, she barely skimmed Lance's face as they ran into the kitchen before flying right back up to the roof once again. 

"Oh my god! She really is like a balloon!" Lance giggled happily, Pidge nodded as the three spread out a bit more. "I hate you all! You all are dead when I get down there!" Y/n called out with a scowl, yet it only made the three chuckle. "Ok, fun is over. How do we fix this?" Hunk asked, a bit worried now. 

Pidge thought for a moment and same with Lance. "I have no clue, how did this happen again?" The Blue Paladin asked curiously, "I ate some space cheese..." Lance gave a nod to Y/n with a sad smile. "Not surprised" he admitted half-heartedly, causing Y/n to stick her tongue out of her mouth and hum.

Pidge's face changed into a cringe in realization and glanced at the three, "Ok. I remember when I was pretty little, I ate some kind of poisonous mushroom in my mom's garden. right?" all other paladins nodded. "She made me throw it up by shoving her fingers down my throat" Pidge stated, this caused everyone to hiss in disgust and back away.

The Green Paladin only shook her head and smacked her lips. "Ok, Y/n. I think you know what you need to do" Lance teased as he brought up with hands to shoot some finger guns. Y/n only shook her head and crossed her arms, "Hell no. I am not barfing everywhere. I'll just.. sleep up here" she murmured. There was a silence before the trio exchanged glances and shrugged.

"Ok! Night Y/n!" "Goodnight!" "Love you, Boo" the three turned to leave only to cause Y/n to shout in betrayal. "You guys all suck!" she hissed as they left her, the castle was now left in silence once again. Y/n stared at the door in disbelief for a minute before scowling loudly and turned around. 

"I don't need them... I am completely fine up here." She told herself proudly. Yet after 20 minutes, things became pretty boring fast. Y/n had already tried to grip the roof again and push down, but she just couldn't keep her feet steady anymore. As she spun in the air, she hit the roof oddly causing her to yelp.

She froze and took a couple of deep breaths before clenching her hands. She blinked slowly and began to move her right hand to one of her ribs and felt it softly, the healing pod fixed it almost perfectly. Yet, not exactly. It left a nasty bruise. Y/n held her side for a while, frozen in fear.

She began to panic, her heart quickened as she felt her bone gently. "No way, I am not panicking right now" she whispered to herself. Her head began to pound as she shook it. "Damn spinning around in the air..." she spat, her eyes got hit with a wave of dizziness and tiredness. 

"I need sleep. I guess sleeping up here for real" she pursed her lips as she closed her eyes, taking long sighs to calm down. Which surprisingly worked. In only minutes, the girl had passed out in the air silently.

::::

[1557 Words]