You And Me

It was a beautiful morning at Bates Motel. The no vacancy sign has been lit up since summer started. Guests enjoying the new pool, beach balls bouncing everywhere, pizza and donuts floats scattered all around.

People were genuine happy. Enjoying their rain-free summer.

Norma stood in front of her kitchen sink as she drank her cup of coffee, admiring her view of her sold out motel and her guests having the time of their lives.

The warm breeze is making her sheer curtains dance—her blonde locks doing the same.

She's been through a lot and standing there that cheerful morning, witnessing her happy clients was probably what she's been dreaming of since the day she moved to White Pine Bay.

She couldn't be happier.

"Good morning," a raspy voice behind her approaches her. Norma raises her right shoulder as she turns her head to face her husband.

A huge grin forming on her face. She places the mug down and turns around, leaning on the kitchen sink counter.

"Good morning," she smiles.

Alex rapidly cups her face, bringing her closer to him and connecting their lips. Norma ties her arms around his torso.

"I've missed this so much," he whispers.

"Sometimes I hate your job. Well, not sometimes. All the time," she says. "I don't remember when was the last time I had you all for myself on a Saturday morning."

Her face remains between his palms.

"I forgot how good it felt," he murmurs. "How sexy you looked in this robe," he looks down on her.

Norma bites her bottom lip and pulls him back towards her. "I don't think you're allowed to work Saturdays from now on, mister."

"Is that an order?"

Norma nods in agreement, raising her eyebrows.

He smiles.

"Do you want some coffee?" she kisses his neck.

"Coffee sounds good," his hands roaming down to her waist. He connects their lips again.

She smiles into the kiss. Her hand caressing the back of his neck.

"Please tell me you don't have to go to work today," she groans, staring deep into his dark orbs.

"I might have to stop by later today to work on something but I promise I won't stay long, honey."

Norma rolls her eyes and wraps her arms around his neck. "Can I go with you?"

He chuckles. "I'll be more than happy to take you with me."

"I just wanna spend as much time with you as I can," she says. "Only seeing you when I'm ready for bed is driving me crazy."

"I know," he kisses the tip of her nose. "Work has been kicking my butt."

"I hate it," she says in a low voice with a doleful look.

The way she said it broke Alex's heart.

"Oh," he closes the distance between them. "I hate it the most, trust me. I want to be with you just as much."

"I'm sorry, I don't—I don't want to sound like someone that's dying for attention."

"Are you kidding me? If it was up to me I'd quit my job to spend every single day with you."

A smile forms on her lips.

"I want to be with you all day long," she comes closer and gives him a quick peck on the lips.