chapter three

Hey, guys! Before you get into this kind of short chapter, please don't forget to vote and comment! I really would love to know if you guys are enjoying the book, and getting feedback on each chapter really encourages me to write every day! Thank you so much anyways, enjoy the chapter!

________________

c h a p t e r t h r e e

Damon started to walk over to Cherry and Harry, but he slowed his pace as he heard Cherry laugh. Usually, when Damon oversees her working, she's serious and stoic, trying to finish her task as soon as possible. He was surprised to hear her laughing- a real laugh.

He rolled his eyes at the way Harry reveled in the sound of her voice, internally scoffing at the fact that he thought he was actually impressing her. Whenever Damon felt uncomfortable watching Cherry seducing other men, he always reminded himself that she was only doing this for her father, and that if it were up to her then she would probably be hanging out with Damon instead.

"Harry that's tragic. You really shouldn't be telling people that." Cherry laughed, shaking her head at the goofy boy in front of her.

"Why not! It's the truth, I can't help that I'm bad at math." Harry quickly recounted, playing innocent but eyes twinkling with laughter.

Cherry laughed again, casually looking around the room. Her eyes locked with Damon, who looked like he was coming over to them. Cherry raised her eyebrow, questioning Damon. He usually stayed out of Cherry's way when she was working, but, she supposed since Harry won't be a one-night thing then Damon will be more involved than usual.

Damon just smiled at her, as he grabbed a drink from the counter and turned back around. Cherry didn't think twice and turned back to Harry, who was also looking around.

"This place is amazing." He gushed, taking a sip of his beer. "Wonder who's place it is.'

Cherry hesitated, not sure if she should tell him or not. She decided against lying, thinking that he would probably be around here again in the future.

"Uh, it's mine. Actually." Cherry admitted, shrugging her shoulders when Harry gaped at her.

"Seriously? That's insane!"

"Well it's my dad's house, but you know."

Harry looked impressed, obviously bursting with other questions that he was holding in.

Before either of them could speak, they were interrupted by the shouting going on outside. Cherry wasn't phased, as the parties held in her house usually ended up in chaos, but Harry spun around, spilling beer all over the floor.

"What's going on?"

Cherry looked out the sliding door, slightly shocked at the commotion outside. There, in the middle of the courtyard stood Markus, one of the men from the meeting earlier that day, pointing a gun at one of the other partygoers who was obviously high off his mind. The sight itself wasn't what was shocking, but instead was the fact that they were doing this in front of Harry. Cherry knew that Markus had heard that Harry was going to be attending the party, which obviously meant that they would have an outsider amongst them. Whenever this happened the party still went on, however, the drugs and weapons were not brought out as to keep their cover around strangers.

Cherry's eyes shot back to Harry, now noticing his wide open mouth reacting to the scene ahead of him. Thinking fast, Cherry grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the scene, ignoring his shout as she barreled through the crowd until she reached the other side of the house.

Markus was short tempered, and she knew that if he had pulled a gun on someone so early into the night, he was probably going to shoot. She needed to make sure Harry didn't see that at least, as him slipping up in front of his father about a gun wouldn't be as serious as him running to say that someone was just murdered.

"What the hell! What was that?" Harry questioned, his eyebrows furrowed as he rubbed his arm where she had held onto.

"Uh, god, I've got no idea who that was. Damon's probably calling the police as we speak." Cherry lied, trying to cover the mess Markus had made.

Harry looked upset, and Cherry didn't blame him. Hell, if she had grown up in a semi normal household she would have been scared of a gun too. But the way she was raised, guns were just as normal as seeing toys around the house.

"Hey, it's fine. Probably just some drunk guy who tried to crash the party." Cherry tried to reassure him as she shrugged, scanning his emerald eyes for any sign that he was going to freak out.

"Why aren't you more worried about this? Isn't this your house? Your party?"

"I am worried, but I'm sure Damon is handling it."

"Yeah sure, well I'm not staying any longer," Harry mumbled as he turned towards the door, obviously not buying Cherry's nonchalant opinion of the gun.

Normally Cherry would have been thankful for a reason to get away from a man she was supposed to be seducing, but she was worried about Harry telling his father, so before she could even think she shouted,

"Wait! I'm coming too."