chapter six

c h a p t e r    s i x

P R E V I O U S L Y...

"Alright well, I'll get out of your hair-" Cherry began to say, grabbing her bag and moving towards the door.

"No, wait!" Harry quickly spoke, causing Cherry to turn around again quickly.

Harry ran his fingers through his hair, seeming embarrassed by his little outburst. "I mean, you came all this way just to give me something that I lost, the least I can do is offer you some dinner? I mean- if you want?"

Cherry smiled at the offer, ignoring the churning in her stomach at the thought of eating dinner. "That sounds great, I'd love to."

______

Sitting on Harry's couch, Cherry looked around the apartment. From this new angle, she couldn't see much expect the wall in front of her with the TV turned onto some show she didn't recognize.

Harry had given her a glass of green juice much to Cherry's displeasure. He had ignored her scrunched up nose and insisted it was good for her,  then left to the kitchen to make something for them to eat.

Cherry had sipped on the juice tentatively, before placing the mostly full cup on the coffee table and sitting back onto the couch. Reaching for the remote, she began to turn up the volume on the TV to entertain herself.

Two men sat across from each other on the screen. "Killing must feel good to God too. He does it all the time," one of them said.

"Hope you're hungry, I kind of went overboard." Harry's voice startled her as he walked in with two plates, piled with various vegetables and pieces of chicken.

"Hmm. Smells good." She held her hands out for the plate, before sitting it on the table next to her juice.

"It's nothing much, just what I was having any way but I made extra since you texted," he smiled, sitting on the floor on the other side of the coffee table.

Cherry didn't reply, instead of poking a piece of chicken and popping it into her mouth. She almost moaned at the spicy flavor, something Gia wouldn't make due to her father's general dislike of spice. 

"Is it good?" Harry pushed around his food, waiting for the confirmation.

"Mmm. It's so good. Thank you."

This was all he needed before tucking into his food, not noticing how Cherry cut up her food and pushed it around, her appetite quickly suppressed by the few mouthfuls. 

After a few beats of silence, Harry finally spoke up. "What happened last night? The dude with the gun, did you know him?"

Cherry almost dropped her fork at his out of the blue question, foolishly making herself believe that he had forgotten about it.

"Yeah, he was just a guy who snuck in, Damon got him out before he caused a bigger scene," she lied nonchalantly, not unfamiliar with lying to people around her.

"Right..." Harry dragged, in a tone that made Cherry raise her eyebrow.

"You don't believe me?"

"You just seemed more intent on dragging me out before I could see anything rather than figuring out what was going on." He shrugged.

Cherry was surprised by how observant he was. Usually, the men she was working on were blinded by anything other than her breasts. She supposed she needed to stop grouping Harry with the rest of him.