chapter five

( Hi guys! Extra long update for you all since I've been gone a while, vote, and comment as you read and I will update my next chapter in the next few days as it's already written out! )

c h a p t e r f i v e

PREVIOUSLY....

Damon smiled at this, pulling his friend into a bear hug and lifting her body off the ground. Cerise screamed, laughing as she tried to wiggle out.

"Put me down, you big idiot!"

"Say you love me!" He laughed back.

"Never!" She screamed in his ear, kicking her legs back and forth wildly. Managing to get loose she jumped from his arms, pushing him before she fixed her dress.

"You don't have to say it. I know you love me regardless." He boasted, laughing at her grumpy face before walking back into the house. As he turned back his eye caught on something just next to the door frame, and he leaned down to grab it.

He picked up the brown item which now he recognized as a wallet, flipping it over in his hand.

"What's that?" Cerise butted in, grabbing it from his grasp. Damon made no attempt to retrieve it back, watching Cerise investigate the item.

She opened the wallet to find a driver's license, as well as over twenty other cards and various amounts of cash and coins. Her heart fluttered slightly as she looked closer at the name on the license.

Harry Edward Styles.

_____

Cerise shooed Damon's hands away from the wallet as she closed it back up again. Cerise tried to hide her smile as she now had a reason to see Harry again, without any obligation to her father.

"Who's is it?" Damon asked, turning back to walk into the house, giving up on seeing the wallet for himself.

"Oh, I didn't recognize him. I'll give it to my father, he can deal with it."

Damon hummed in acknowledgment, not too fussed about what happens with it. Cerise didn't like to lie to her best friend, however, she knew that if she told him that the wallet was Harry's, he would give her another 'be careful' speech which she really couldn't handle this early in the morning.

After grabbing his coat, Damon tiredly smiled at Cerise, opening his arms to hug her. Cerise hugged him back, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Thanks for your help this morning D."

Damon kissed her head in reply, letting her out of his arms and turning to leave. "I'll see you soon, yeah?"

Cerise nodded her head, before watching him leave across the lawn and into one of the few cars left in the driveway. She sighed as she closed the door, stepping out of her heels and relishing the feeling of the cold tile under her tired feet. Walking back down the hallway, Cerise could hear the sound of the cleaners coming from the back of the house. She would usually go and greet them, but she felt too worn out to even glance their direction.

Once she entered her room she took off her makeup and dress, and fell into her bed, drifting asleep almost instantly.

______

When Cerise woke and checked her phone, she saw that it was already 2:39 pm. She scrolled through her phone awhile, scowling internally at the fact that her father never lets her have any form of social media, not wanting her to bring any attention to her family. The growling of her stomach was what enticed her to get out of bed, the smell of the maid's cooking wafting throughout the house.

Cerise put on a robe and went downstairs, silently hoping her father wasn't down there yet so she could sneak out and meet Harry without him asking her for anything else. Thinking about Harry, she suddenly realized that she had neither his phone number or address and so would need to ask her father for it anyway.