chapter fourteen

Ethan and Grayson went to school like any usual day. The year was quickly coming to an end, and the two boys would be graduating soon.

     At the end of the day, they drove home to their small house in their small town. The next door neighbor's driveway was empty, as usual. Grayson knew that the house wasn't empty though.

     "Wanna film our video for this week?" Ethan asked once the two boys went inside their home.

     "Yeah, sure. Uh do you think we could have a special guest in it?"

     "Who- you told Violet, didn't you?"

     Grayson simply nodded in response as his brother sighed. "Fine, invite her over." He said. Grayson ran out of the house, and walked next door. He went up the familiar driveway to the front door. Grayson knocked, and a few minutes later Violet was swinging it open.

"Hey, Grayson. Come on in." Violet said and quickly ran to her kitchen. Grayson stepped into the house and shut the door behind him.

"Uh, Violet?" Grayson called. His friend hadn't come back to the door.

Grayson walked into the kitchen, to see Violet pulling a cheese pizza out of the oven. He chuckled softly as she placed the pizza on top of the oven, and shut the door.

"What's up?" Violet asked, leaning against the countertop beside the oven.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over, but it seems like you're having your own party here." Grayson replied.

"Oh, no I can come over if you want. Ethan likes pizza, right?"

"Yeah, I think so." Grayson replied sarcastically as he scratched the back of his head.

"Good." Violet said before starting to cut the pizza. She picked up the circular cutting board she had slid it onto when taking it out of the oven, and walked to the front door.

Grayson followed her to the door, and waited for her to put her shoes on.

"You're lucky my mom's not home. She'd cut your feet off for having your shoes on." Violet stated once she was done.

"Really?" Grayson asked, his voice going higher than normal. "She seemed so nice though." He said. Violet giggled softly as grayson opened the door, and waited for Violet to leave. Grayson then left the house and shut the door behind him.

"You don't have to lock it or anything?" He asked.

"No, Grayson. I have a guard cat." Violet replied as she started walking down her driveway.

Grayson laughed shortly. "Yeah, he's quite terrifying. I'd never try to break in."

Violet and Grayson made it next door, and went inside. Ethan was no longer in the kitchen but the TV could be heard.

"Ethan?" Grayson called. He didn't get a reply. "Violet brought pizza!"

Seconds later, Ethan was standing in the kitchen. "Pizza?" He repeated. Violet nodded as she showed the boy the pizza.

Ethan slowly walked over, his hands out in front of him.

"Ethan, calm down." Grayson said, laughing. "You can just put that on the oven, Violet." He said referring to the pizza. Violet set the cutting board down on the oven and grabbed a slice.

"You can have one if you want, Ethan." She said before taking a bite.

"Thank you." Ethan said with a large smile. "I love her." He mumbled to Grayson as he went to grab a slice.

" He mumbled to Grayson as he went to grab a slice