chapter eighteen

The next day, Grayson came over to Violet's house after school. She had been in the kitchen doing her own schoolwork, when there was a knock at the door.

Violet opened the door to reveal a very nervous and stressed out looking Grayson. He looked up at the girl, and gave her a small smile.

"Grayson, what's going on?" Violet asked. She gently grabbed Grayson by the forearm and pulled him inside. She shut the door behind him with a thud.

"Ethan and I...we got an email from our realtor today." Grayson said softly.

"Wait, you have a realtor?" Violet asked.

"Yeah, didn't I tell you that?"

"No, you just told me that you guys couldn't afford a house in the city yet and your house here was only temporary."

"Oh, well we have a realtor. And today she told us that we...there's an apartment in the city. Ethsn replied, and...we...we move in next week." Grayson said nervously, staring down at the floor. He looked to be on the verge of tears as he crouched down, and took a seat on the floor. Violet sat down across from him and took his hands.

"That's good though, right? It's what you and Ethan want." Violet said, trying to make Grayson feel better.

"It's what Ethan wants, but I don't want it anymore. I like living beside you, and big cities make me really anxious. Ethan and I will be all alone."

"That's not true, you'll have each other. That's not alone to me." Violet replied.

"Well what about you? Are you gonna go back to sitting on your front porch all night?" Grayson asked, finally looking up at the
girl in front of him. He hadn't even noticed that she was holding his hands, but the contact now made his heart race.

"I still do that, Grayson. Just...not as much since I met you." Violet told him, her voice going softer at the end.

"I know i'll have Ethan, but I don't want you to be alone." Grayson replied, slightly changing the subject.

"Don't worry about me. Do whatever is best for you and your career, and I'll be okay with whatever you decide. Just know that I'll always come visit, no matter if you live next door or in the city."

"Thank you, Violet. Seriously, it means alot. You've helped me so much since I met you."

"And it all started with you coming over to borrow milk." Violet replied, chuckling lightly. Grayson laughed shortly, until both of them were laughing so hard their stomachs started to ache. It was an euphoric moment of the two laughing for no known reason, just enjoying each others company.

____________

This story might be ending soon,, I'm not sure how the next few chapters will play out