chapter twenty two

Warning; all of you might cry while reading this
____________

Grayson's room was a mess. there was boxes everywhere, and his belongings were scattered on his bed.

"It's normally not this messy, I promise." Grayson said with a soft chuckle.

Violet laughed out loud. "I believe you." She replied. Grayson went over to his closet, and pulled out two suitcases.

"All that stuff on my bed can be packed now, do you mind doing that? I'm gonna pack up some of my clothes." Grayson asked. Violet nodded and walked over to the bed. She crouched down beside it, and pulled a box over to her.

"What even is all this stuff?" Violet asked as she started putting things in the box. There was trophies, pictures, and small boxes with lids on them. They were heavy, and Violet tried to be careful with them.

Grayson walked over, and picked up a box. "Well, this is my rock collection from when I was younger." He said and opened up a small wooden box. Inside were rocks of all different sizes, shapes, and colours. The biggest one was about the size of a marshmellow, and was a light blue colour with dark blue specks.

Violet smiled as she looked at all the rocks. It was something so simple, but Violet could tell it made grayson happy. She looked up at him, to see a big grin on his face.

"Anyways, I've gotta go pack." Grayson said before walking away. Violet put the lid back on the box before packing it.

Violet and Grayson got back to work as music started flowing up the stairs. Ethan had turned his radio on as he packed. Grayson started dancing around his room as he pulled clothes out of his dresser and closet, and shoved them into the two suitcases.

After a while, Violet had two boxes full as she heard the loud zip of one of the suitcases. She glanced over at Grayson, who was lifting the stuffed suitcases up onto their wheels. He had a satisfied grin on his pale lips as he looked up at Violet.

"I can't even fit a crumb in these." He said, which made Violet laugh. Grayson moved the two suitcases into an empty corner of his room, and came over to help Violet.

"It's late, you know? You don't have to stay and help anymore." He said softly.

"I like helping, even if it means helping you pack up your house." Violet replied. She was getting quite tired though, and her legs hurt from sitting still for so long.

"Seriously, Violet. You can come back over tomorrow. Ethan and I will be here all day." Grayson insisted. Violet sighed as she stood up, and stretched.

"Oh, alright. I'll leave." She said, and started walking out of Grayson's room. He was right behind her as they went downstairs.

Violet said bye to Ethan, but she knew he couldn't hear her over the music. He was also in the other room, doing who knows what.

Violet put her shoes on, and left the house. Grayson came out behind her, and shut the front door.

"When do you leave again?" Violet asked.

"Uhh," Grayson rubbed the back of his neck. "Tomorrow." He replied.

"Tomo— seriously, Grayson? I thought we still had a couple days."

"I'm sorry, Violet. I just don't wanna cry in front of you." Grayson replied. Violet chuckled softly and shook her head.

"I'm gonna miss you." She said. A look of sadness washed over Grayson's face.

"I'm gonna miss you too. I don't know who I'm gonna bother all the time."

"Well, you still have Ethan. And I'll try and come visit."

"Yeah." Grayson and Violet stood in a slightly awkward silence for a few seconds, until Violet inhaled sharply.

"Well, I better go home. We've all got a big day tomorrow." She said, and turned to leave the front porch. She had made it down the steps when Grayson called after her.

"Wait, Violet." He said, and walked down the steps. Grayson gently cupped Violet's face with one hand as he pressed his lips to hers. Violet stumbled back a bit, and grabbed onto Grayson's arm to regain her balance. She kissed him back, her fingertips barely grazing over the bare skin of his forearm.

Grayson pulled away, and took his hand off Violet's cheek.

"I-I'm sorry, I just felt like doing that." He mumbled awkwardly.

"It's okay." Violet replied. Her voice was barely audible, but Grayson heard her. They both had the same expressions on their face; a mix of shock and happiness.

"Goodnight, Violet." Grayson said, a smile growing on his face.

"Goodnight." Violet replied before running across the lawns to her house. She went inside, and leaned against her front door. Grayson also went inside his house, and was met with a grinning Ethan.

"I saw that." He pointed out.

"You just witnessed my death." Grayson replied. He was out of breath, with an equally large grin on his face.

____________

I'm crying. Are you crying? I bet $38372 someone's gonna comment 'FINALLY' because I would.

 Are you crying? I bet $38372 someone's gonna comment 'FINALLY' because I would