chapter nineteen

Violet's mother had allowed Grayson to stay over for dinner, and the two teenagers were now sitting on Violet's front porch.

"I really like sitting out here with you." Grayson said in a soft voice.

"Yeah? You don't think it's weird, or boring?" Violet asked as she glanced over at the boy.

"I used to think it was boring, but I like it now. It helps me clear my head." Grayson replied.

Violet smiled. "That's why I sit out here. It reduces my stress."

"It's so peaceful, too. I feel like I don't have a care in the world."

"Exactly." Violet whispered. She looked out at the front lawn across the street, and saw a small bunny running through the garden.

"I really should be getting home though. We both have school tomorrow."

Wwell, I can start school at whatever time I want. So technically only you have school tomorrow." Violet replied. Grayson laughed shortly out of his nose.

"Right, I keep forgetting you're home schooled. That must be so nice." He said.

     "It has it's perks. I don't get out of the house much though."

     "Yeah." Grayson got up out of his chair, and turned to face Violet. "I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked.

     "Definitely." Violet replied. She also stood up, and watched Grayson walk down her driveway. Violet went inside, and shut the door behind her. She leaned against it, and let her head fall back.

     Violet sighed heavily as she made her to way down to her bedroom, and got ready for bed.