Author's Note

I would like to take a moment to thank you for reading my work. It's been a lovely adventure writing this story. I'm always sad to let my characters go. But every story has to end.

Now I will answer your questions about City Girls (now retitled Stressed Spelled Backwards) below:

Q: What inspired you to write this story with a realistic theme?

A: I know that this is my first work of this genre. Chicklit was something I hardly ever read. Shopaholic series was probably the first one I had read and enjoyed but I never stick to it either. It just so happens that I was having a writer's block (sort of) with my other stories. I always write heavy works with big plots and stuff, and sometimes I get paralyzed by the responsibility. So I figure that I should write something fun and light and a bit goofy to lighten my mood and also my readers' mood. Nobody wants to eat a heavy meal all the time. Sometimes we just need dessert! LOL Besides I wanted to challenge myself to write something out of my comfort zone. I have ADD, so I'm most likely gonna jump from one genre to the next.

Q: Is it based on you real life?

A: Yes and no. I do take a lot of aspects of myself to create stories but it's just the raw materials not the complete products. City Girls was unplanned as most of my works. All I knew was I wanted to write about three girls who struggle to find a job and fall in love with the same person. So I wrote based on this premise. It started out with the girls being optimistic like most young people such as myself. I do understand the financial needs we all face and I think this is the most realistic thing that people could relate to. I do know a person who used to own a successful cafe, and it inpsired me. Also I took economics courses so yeah.

Q: why the girls don't work in their study fields?

A: I think this story is more about finding your passion. What you're good at and what you can do best. I don't encourage people to drop out of school or work in something outside their profession. What I wanted to portray was people don't always get to do what their degree hold for them. I also wanted to imply that you should figure out what you want to be before it's too late (like me). Azra has her passion in baking and she enjoys doing it. If it doesn't work out, she still has something to fall back on. My point is do what you love and do it well, you'll be successful.

Q: why do most of your character have uncommonly spelled names?

A: Good question. Usually I agonize over names more than anything before I start a story. Names are important to me. In real life you expect a cool name for a cool person. In book, a name can even make the readers interested in the characters. I use mostly Russian names as you know because they're rarely heard of and also give people a feel of something different. My guilt is that I fancy names that start with a letter A. I swear I won't do that again! Lol

Q: Do you identify yourself in any of the characters in CG?

A: Well, it's hard to explain. But let's just say among the three of them, I'm more like an Azra but without any cooking skill. No, I can't cook to save my life, but I would like to learn. Karmen and Elise are a lot like Cammie and Alyssa in Cursed Blood. I try not to repeat my characterization by making them dislike each other.

Q: who is your favorite character in this story?

A: I think we all can agree that Celie is probably the character I wish I knew in real life. She makes this story more alive and fun to read even for me. I sometimes burst out laughing like an idiot with the things she had to say. Trust me, writers are all crazy.

Q: why did you decide it has to be many girls falling for one?

A: Partly because it's more dramatic this way. Looking at all my works, I seem to indulge myself with this plots way to much. LOL, Sorry it's just my thing I guess.

Q: Do you have anything against dark-haired people since most of your characters are blonde?

A: This made me laugh. No, I don't. Actually I'm a dark-haired girl myself. One of my friends said she prefers someone with brown hair and brown eyes since she's blonde and got blue eyes. I think people love what they don't have. Blonde is the opposite color of dark, so I mostly pair up my main characters with contrast hair colors. Besides it's easier for the readers to remember who is who. Red hair is hard to imagine without being confused with Brave.

Q: How is it more difficult to write about a realistic story than a fantasy?

A: Well, I'm wondering the same thing. It seems to me that my brain works differently when it comes to something bizarre and extreme. I always feel that writing about ordinary people dealing with life problems takes a lot of skills. I'm glad that CG has taught me the beauty of realism. I had fun writing it because of it's silly twists and turns but it was also my hard project. That's why I tried to keep it short. But maybe I'll start writing something sweet and nice like this again.

Q: Are Karmen and Elise together?

A: Come on, I thought I had made it obvious. Yes, Karlise is canon.

Q: Why didn't you show sex scene in this story?

A: I don't think it's necessary. I feel like CG is better off without the hot steamy action. I know I have written a lot of this stuff but sometimes you just want to cuddle. It's a story about something more than just sex.

Q: Will you marry me?

A: Lol I'm getting far too many proposals. I'm afraid you'll have to stand in line.

Q: Any future books or sequel?

A: Yes to future books but only until I finish Artemis or Anastasia. Fingers crossed. I need to keep my mind on track and stop wandering off for more new stories at the moment. But sorry, there's no sequel for this story either. I like to leave finished stories as they are and move on to something new. *Wink*

With love,
Sveta