Chapter 27. || "Dirty man thoughts."

Nathan's P.O.V (Point of View)

Being in Washington, D.C. was like being in a movie. There were all these sculptures and important monuments and everything seemed like a fantasy. I will never be able to thank those who helped us live this dream. 

The meets and greets were probably my favorite part of all this madness. Meeting fans was just simply the most magnificent thing in life. It was strange, but at the same time comforting and warm, and I can only ask myself: what we did to win the hearts of so many people? We are so lucky, we owe everything to them, who knows where we would be without them, and it is in our power to do whatever we can to make them feel grateful.

Sometimes they brought scrapbooks for us, souvenirs of their cities, flags, even shirts for us, they invested money in us and thinking in that way opened completely your mind... Some asked for different poses in the photos, others came crying and sobbing non-stop, without being able to speak, or even sometimes they just shouted "I LOVE YOU!!!" and jumped to us filled with hyperactivity... But that was the best. To see so many people, so many different people, supporting you.

After the meets and greets we spent the minutes before the concert, where basically we changed and were getting ready to go onstage. As my own routine, I locked myself in the bathroom and started to warm up my, brushed my teeth and then I saw myself in the mirror for a long time. Yeah, I know, it sounds extremely metrosexual, but it's basically we all do that to feel a little more confident. Ashley always makes fun of me for that, but I don't care.

The feeling of being on stage in front of thousands of people screaming the lyrics to your songs is just so... I don't even know how to describe it. It is a feeling without a name, something that makes the lump in your throat tighter and you feel thousands of chills traveling through your body. And when I was there... I knew that this was what I loved, that was my place in the world, something that I wouldn't change for anything. 

What I know is that in the blink of an eye we were on our way to Dulles International Airport to take an overnight flight that would take us straight to Los Angeles. Another flight, another day... But somehow something about the fatigue was constant, and everything was more than normal.

—I can't wait to see Kelsey and Nare —Ashley whispered as she settled her head on my shoulder.

—Tom said that they were already in Los Angeles and that they were waiting in the hotel.

She said nothing, and I gazed down and noticed that her eyes were closed. I could only imagine how tired she was... Our first month on tour as a band were suicide months. We even thought that we weren't able to do it, thank God Jayne prevented an emotional breakdown from our part.

—You know, this flight passes over Colorado and sometimes Arizona. If it was daytime, we could see the Rocky Mountains or even the Grand Canyon. Such a shame.

—Don't make me regret this, okay?

I half-smiled.  —Okay.

I guess I fell asleep, but I woke up about 3 hours later only to look out the window. Luckily , Ashley was also awake.

—I swore you were going to sleep for the whole 5 hours. 

—No. —I whispered—. I have not yet mastered the art of sleeping the entire the flight.

Between both we removed the armrest that rested between our seats only to sit closer together, and then we were looking out the window of the plane, where a darkness which occasionally was mixed with clouds or lights of small towns stretched on earth extended. It was moments like that that kept pushing me closer to her, moments where I felt her like part of my body; moments where I felt like I breathed her.