Chapter 1 | Together

2 months

Asami's eyes fluttered open when she felt a pair of strong hands circle around her waist. A tiny smile settled on her pale face as she let him lift her off the couch. He knew that he had woken her up, yet he didn't put her down. He always continued.

 ''Just go to bed if you're tired.'' Madara muttered as he felt Asami's legs wrap around his waist and her arms around his neck. 

Asamisimply hummed in response and buried her face into his shoulder, inhaling his scent as his damp hair tickled the side of her face.

Not only had she been using his heavenly smelling shampoo, but ever since Keiji bought another body wash for him since the usual one wasn't available anymore, she'd also been secretly using that one. ''I still don't really understand it.'' Asami spoke, her voice slightly muffled by his shirt. ''You complain all the time but you don't stop carrying me.''

Madara grunted and placed his hands on the back of her thighs to support her. ''I'm not complaining.'' He grumbled quietly as he turned around and walked away. ''This is an exception anyway.''

Asami raised her eyebrows and pushed her upper body away from him, creating some space between them. Her eyes locked with his, and Madara sighed at the look in her green orbs. ''Oh?'' She mused, a smirk tugging at her lips. ''And why is that?''

Madara rolled his eyes and started walking up the stairs. Instead of answering her question, he decided to ask one of his own. ''Are you feeling better?''

Asami hummed and pressed her cheek back against his shoulder. ''I'm good.'' She twirled his long locks around her finger, but made sure not to accidentally pull at them. She had always loved the way he stood out from the rest by having long hair. It reached his slim waist, but it never made him look girly. If anything, Asami thought it only made him look manlier.

''Is Kou already asleep?'' 

''Of course he is.'' Madara opened the door, which was standing ajar, further by kicking it lightly with one of his feet. ''Do you even know what time it is?''

''Obviously, I do not know.'' Asami muttered, her fingers trailing his spine through his shirt.

Madara bent down and slowly put her on the edge of the bed. While he retracted his hands, Asami kept hers on his shoulder, keeping him at eye level. ''It's past midnight.'' He said, taking her hands and placing them on her lap. ''Go to sleep.''

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Asami grimaced when she felt another pain shoot through her back. She whimpered quietly and changed her position again, hoping that it'd reduce the discomfort, but it didn't.

Her lower back was already hurting now and then, the mild pain bothering her during daily chores and sometimes it'd grew so intense to the point where it was interrupting her sleep, just like now.

She slowly opened her eyes and was faced with Madara's back. She had the urge to reach out to him, embrace him and hope that his warmth would somehow ease the pain, or at least distract her from it, but waking him up because she couldn't sleep would be selfish of her, so she decided not to.

Asami pressed her lips together and silently pulled the sheets off of her. Slowly, she sat up and put her legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. The wood creaked under her weight and she quickly looked over her shoulder, her eyebrows slightly raised.

Madara was still asleep.

Releasing a breath she didn't know she'd been holding, Asami quietly walked towards the closet and opened its doors. After looking through all the clothes and other things they had stored in there, she finally found the hot water bottle she'd been looking for.