Chapter 4 | Privilege

9 months

Asami grimaced when she felt the blood rushing to her feet. She couldn't even sit for a longer period of time without it becoming uncomfortable. Leaning back into the couch, she started to move her legs back and forth, but that just didn't seem to solve the problem. Letting the back of her head fall on top of the back rest, she simply stared at the ceiling as her hands traveled to her round stomach. 

She had been having labor contractions for quite a while now. She had immediately alerted Kaede and Madara when she felt the first one, and now, three hours later, she had pleaded Madara to go away from the house for a bit with Kouta. She needed to rest, and Kouta wasn't really letting her have that. He was an incredibly sweet boy which Asami loved with whole her heart, but he needed attention at the wrong time.

Asami sighed heavily. She just wanted to hold her baby in her arms already, instead of carrying it around in her belly. Her patience was running out, even though she knew it wouldn't be long anymore until her dream would become a reality. She was just getting tired of the discomforts of pregnancy, and labor was going to be even worse.

''Asami-san, are you alright?'' A soft and concerned voice asked. ''Do you want me to get Madara-san?''

Asami pursed her lips, thinking about it for a few seconds before lifting her head. Her eyes locked with the dark yet warm eyes from Kaede. ''It's fine.'' Asami replied, smiling weakly. ''I'm just exhausted.'' And she also didn't want to bother Madara with another one of her complaints. Even though 'it's time', she had gone through this before, and the time when she'd really need him wasn't there yet. She also thought that he also deserved some time for himself, yet Asami didn't always give that to the Uchiha, especially the last few weeks, and the upcoming weeks would be the same.

''I can imagine that.'' Kaede chuckled as she sat down next to her. ''Of course, having a baby is a great, a joyous experience, but after nine months...''

"Indeed. At least I'm in labor now." Asami sighed and placed both her hands on the surface of the couch and tried to get up, but she didn't get far. The couch was too soft, and she had sunken into the cushions, which, along with her increased weight, made it only harder to stand up. "Ah Kaede-san, could you please help me for a bit?"

Kaede noticed what the Uzumaki was struggling with and quickly stood up. "Sure." She held out her hands, which Asami gratefully took, and she pulled her up from the couch. "There you go."

Asami smiled faintly. "Thank yo-" Her face scrunched up with pain when a contraction hit her and she breathed shakily, just standing there until the pain went away.

"Are you alright?" Kaede asked worriedly.

Asami nodded her head and released the Uchiha's hands. Her green orbs locked with Kaede's black ones.

"I'm going to try to get some sleep." She mumbled. ''I'm going to need it.'' 

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Madara looked around the room, but the Uzumaki was nowhere to be found. He moved his gaze back to Kaede, who had crouched down in front of Kouta to talk to him. ''Where is she now?'' He asked.

Kaede put her hands under Kouta's armpits and lifted him into the air. ''She's resting upstairs.'' She replied as she stood up, Kouta still in her arms. ''We still have time before it's really going to start.''

''And Keiji?''

Kaede smiled. ''I've contacted him. He'll be here soon to look after Kou.''

It was very convenient that Kaede could stay at the house for the last few days when Asami's due date was coming closer. She used the spare bedroom, which would soon be the room of Kouta's new sibling. Apparently, she also did so last time. While there were some questions about her 'disappearance' last time, Keiji convinced Mito to cover up her absence. Asami didn't like lying to her older sister, but she had finally agreed to tell Mito that Asami was very sick and needed taking care of, which was why Kaede was staying here.