Chapter 2: The Sleep

(Edited 1/25/2021)

Y/n's P.O.V.

Quick recap, I have no one to help me move the furniture into the house except the movers. So, I had to put the boxes away and place furniture with the best knowledge of what Auntie Marie would like. I started to grab the boxes and take them to the rooms they were made to be in. After 30 minutes, all the boxes were inside. I got up from sitting on the floor from exhaustion and went upstairs to decorate my room.

(If you are wondering about the floor and walls, Y/n grabbed some materials to decorate her walls and floors because you apparently are magic or called someone to do it. Your choice.)

I smiled at the room and was filled with pride

I smiled at the room and was filled with pride. I walked over to my recently placed dresser and got ready for the dreaded sleepover.

Time Skip...

I checked the time, 6:30. I got my bag and started walking to Star's house. Then, I saw a poorly scribbled sign on a pawn shop that said, "Part-time job available and accepting ages 12 and up..." I cringed at the sign, but reluctantly went inside. The place was basically dusty and ancient. I had talked to the person at the register for that day and asked about the sad sign up in the door. They gave me a paper with information immediately as if they were commanded to and left to the back of the store. I read the paper, which also had dust on it, and it basically said I got the job if I filled out the information. I decided to do it then instead of forgetting about it later and filled it out quickly. I slid the paper onto the counter and left the empty pawn shop. "Wow, they must be desperate." I mumbled, while walking to Star's house, once again.

Star's P.O.V.

I ran up to Marco in the kitchen and almost yelled panicking and excitedly, "Are the cookies and cupcakes ready?!" 

Marco said "Yes, Star. I just got them out of the oven."

Then, I heard a knock on the door and ran to it. I opened the door to see Pony Head, Janna, and Jackie. "Hey girls!" I shout as I hug them. 

Pony Head said as floating in "Hey, girl! I'm SO glad you invited me! Oh, hey, Earth Turd." 

Marco looks up from frosting the cupcakes, "Hey, Pony Head." Then went back to frosting them. 

The girls get their stuff set up and while I was helping Marco, I heard a knock on the door again. I ran to the door and opened it. "Hey guys!" I shout as I gave them individual handshakes. 

Oscar, Ferguson, and Alfonzo walked in and said, "Hey, Star!" 

The ground began to shake, like before, and the familiar pillar of flames flew up out of nowhere. Then, the flames disappeared to reveal Tom. He walked in and said "Hey, everyone."

Y/n's P.O.V.

I finally saw Star's house and walked quickly to it. I was honestly really nervous. I hesitantly knocked quietly, hoping no one would answer. The door opened and I saw Star with a wide smile. 

"Y/n! It's great to see you again!" She shouted while squeezing me. 

"Hey, Star... Am I late...?" I say nervously. "You're not late, silly! You are right on time!" She said while hugging me again. She pulled away and led me inside. 

I saw a pony's head? A girl with a beanie on. A short white haired girl with a teal streak in her hair. A boy with hair covering his eyes and had a sharp tooth, holding a 'keytar'. Then, I saw two other boys that were gushing over something in common. 

"Let's start!" Star shouted happily. As she said that, a boy with purple gray-ish skin with three eyes and horns walked down stairs. He had piercings in his pointed ears, and had flaming red hair. He wore a red shirt with a black star on it, the sleeves ripped to make them short. He walked down the stairs and noticed me. He didn't notice I was staring at him from the corner of my eye, but he was staring at me. I looked away to see a boy with cupcakes and cookies on a tray. He had brown hair with brown eyes and wore a red hoodie. He tripped, but then I saw Star pull out a weird wand looking toy thing. 

She said something and something came out and cushioned the boy's fall and grabbed the cupcakes. "What... Just happened...?" I said, totally confused. Everyone looked at me and realized something. "What? Is there something on my face?" I said confused. Star grabbed my hand and walked me upstairs and we walked into this large room. She sat on the edge of a bed and patted the spot next to her. I hesitated for a second then walked to the bed and sat down.

"Y/n, I'm Star Butterfly, Princess of Mewni. I have this wand to create and destroy. I defend the universe from Ludo. He is a ugly small dead-looking bird." She said, with all seriousness. 

"Really?" I said, a few things clearing up a bit. For example, why there was a floating horse head and a guy who looked like he was obsessed with the Underworld. It didn't answer how though. 

"Yes. I'm sorry I didn't tell you when we first met." She said looking at the floor. 

"It's fine, just, confusing. You probably would have scared me away if you told me immediately." I said as I put my hand on her shoulder, trying to reassure her of her actions. "Well, enough about that. Let's start the sleepover!" She said hugging me then jumping up from the bed and rushing to the living room.

Time Skip...

"Okay, well, it's time to sleep everyone!" Star said as she walked upstairs to grab her sleeping bag. The boy with the red hoodie walked off into the kitchen to grab a water before he went to sleep. I decided to get off the couch and I walked up to the boy with the hoodie and said, "Hey, I'm Y/n. I didn't get your name earlier."

"Oh! Sorry about that. My name's Marco Diaz." He said a little shy but mostly confident. 

"Wait, Marco 'Diaz'?" I said confused. 

"Yeah, is there something wrong?" He said worried. 

"No, just- Is Rafael your dad?" I asked, hoping he said 'yes' so I didn't have to be embarrassed with being wrong. 

"Oh, yeah, he is." He said proudly. 

"Oh, cool! My Auntie Marie is his old friend from... Um, grade school through high school." I said thinking. 

"Really?" Marco happily looks at me and we laugh. We knew there old stories and put them together. 

"Well, good night, Marco!" I said as I walk back to the living room couch. 

"Night, Y/n!" I heard him as he went back to his bag by the stairway. I quietly stepped around the three eyed boy, who was sleeping on the floor beside the couch. I was assigned to the couch for the sleep over since I was new or something. I was thinking about Marco and the stories we pieced together until I started dozing off and fell asleep.

Time Skip To Morning...

I opened my eyes to see a painting, which was hung above the couch, "Wha... the...?" I opened my eyes again and felt something moving under me. I looked down and saw the three eyed boy, us floating. I almost screamed, but caught myself, whispering to no one in particular, "What is going on?" 

He opened one eye, floating us back down and smirked, "You fell on me when you fell asleep."

"And what is wrong with you to not let me know that I fell on you?! It's very perverted of you!" I angrily whispered back. 

"You looked tired." He whispered. 

"YoU lOoKeD tIrEd! My arse!" I mockingly said as I got off of him and began to pack up, "I'm going home." 

"Hmm... I thought today was Monday. Shouldn't you be at school?" He said, knowingly, while packing his things up along with me. 

"Oh, shoot! I forgot!" I yelled as I hurriedly got everything together. I ran out of Marco and Star's house, not forgetting what the pervert did. Wait, does he float in his sleep?

1,417 words.