Chapter One: Spanish Influenza

1918
Carlisle Cullen POV

The other doctors told me that I should go home and rest.

Of course they didn't know that I didn't need any rest at all.

I want into my last patients for the day.

The Masens.

They had newly lost the father in the family and both the mother and the son could die any moment.

The only one in their family that wasn't ill, was the daughter at 14 1/2 years.

I walked into their room and checked them.

I frowned when I realised that they were slowly dying.

"D-Doctor..." Elizabeth coughed.

I turned to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Masen is a beautiful woman with long, wavy, bronze hair and deep blue eyes. Even though she's sick, she still has her beauty.

"Yes..." I whisper.

She held her right hand out to me.

I took her hand in mine.

With all her strength that Elizabeth had in her. She stared at me with serious ocean blue eyes.

"You must do everything in you power. What others cannot do, that is what you must do for my Edward." She tells me.

I grasped her right hand lightly, when I see the life leave her eyes. I slowly put her hands on her chest and pulls the blanket up, cover her completely.

I looked around to make sure no one was around me. I turn to Edward, who's about to die.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper.

He looks me in the eyes.

I lean towards his neck. I can feel him stiffen up when I bite him.

I pulled up and was about to take him with me out, when the door opens with a loud bang.

I look up and saw a teenage girl running towards Elizabeth's dead body.

"Mom? Mom! No! Not this! Not again!" She cries over her mom's body.

This must be Elizabeth's daughter, Phoenix Liz Masen.

She looks so much like her mom.

The same bronze hair, the same ocean blue eyes.

I snap out of my transe when I hear coughing.

I look at Phoenix, who stumble backwards and almost fall. But I ran up to hear and caught her.

I felt her body start to heat up.

I realised that she had gotten the Spanish Influenza.

I hurried out of the room and too another doctor. I gave Phoenix to him and told him what happened.

He just noodes and hurried down the corridor with an unconscious Phoenix in his arms. 

I went back to the room and lifted Edward up and hurried down to the apartment I was loaning.

Third Person POV

While Carlisle runner to his apartment, Phoenix was put in an own room and doctors tried to help her.

She hadn't been hit with the virus that bad, so it could mean they could save her life.

She was put into a false coma to help her body heal.